First double bass pedal!

Tama hp310 or DW 5000 or Yamaha DFP8500C?

I personally like the Yamaha better of those 3.

But I also think the Pearl Redline eliminator is pretty great in this price as well

What's your budget, and what's your goal with the pedal? Do you just want to give it a try or are you hell bent on going fast?

What's your budget, and what's your goal with the pedal? Do you just want to give it a try or are you hell bent on going fast?
Around 400$. I have started drumming around 10 months ago. So I want to do double bass pedal exercises along with my hi hat exercises. My goal is to be a metal drummer so I'm working in that way. I want a pedal that'd last me for atleast 3-4 years. I know all of these are big brands but I'm unsure as I've only played on the pedal supplied with the kit. Are there any better pedals falling under my price bracket?

The best thing to do is go try some pedals. There is no "best," there's just what you like the feel of best. A pedal I like, you may hate.
I'm partial to the DW, but thats what I started with. I've since moved on to Axis pedals, because they had the feel I was looking for.

Problem is I'm based in India and any of these pedals along with the shipping charges is cheaper than what I would get it here for. I totally agree with you that it's about the feel. I'm here trying to ask which one is great build wise and has more adjustibility. I'll probably try all of these from local stores and buy one from overseas store

I'm a DW5k guy. Have been for a long time & they're bulletproof.

That being said, the Tama Iron Cobra's were in the same boat. Never tried the Yamaha's, but it's safe to say they're probably good to go.

Problem is I'm based in India and any of these pedals along with the shipping charges is cheaper than what I would get it here for. I totally agree with you that it's about the feel. I'm here trying to ask which one is great build wise and has more adjustibility. I'll probably try all of these from local stores and buy one from overseas store

It sounds like you are a pioneer in India with that double bass sound. Is metal music not popular in India?

Around 400$. I have started drumming around 10 months ago. So I want to do double bass pedal exercises along with my hi hat exercises. My goal is to be a metal drummer so I'm working in that way. I want a pedal that'd last me for atleast 3-4 years. I know all of these are big brands but I'm unsure as I've only played on the pedal supplied with the kit. Are there any better pedals falling under my price bracket?
I'm going to do some double pedal algebra for you.

If you want to be a metal drummer, you will need this:

The U-joints are the weak part of every double pedal. This driveshaft has 0 play and is built like a tank. It can also be rebuilt. Trick makes 2 versions, one for DW and one for everything else. They are $130.

Now add this USED pedal to it:

$290 for a used 910 Speedcobra.

The total for the used 910 Speedcobra and a Trick driveshaft is $420. The price of a brand new 910 Speedcobra is $480 at Sweetwater.

So a used version with a Trick driveshaft is less expensive and better than the same pedal new. You can do this with any pedal you want, just make sure you get the correct driveshaft (Trick makes 2, one is for DW, one is for just about everything else).

My pedals are 20 years old (P902), have the Trick driveshaft, and were less than $250 all together since I bought the pedals used for $100.

Dont be afraid of used pedals. You can get fantastic deals if you look around.

Reading the title I expected this thread to be about the first double pedal in history, so here's a Sonor pedal from 1927:
sonorduplexpedal.jpg
Yeah, sorry... Each one should do the trick but I'll leave the details to people that know about such things.. If you can find a used Yamaha, that should be a safe bet until you know what you want as an upgrade.

I'm going to do some double pedal algebra for you.

If you want to be a metal drummer, you will need this:

The U-joints are the weak part of every double pedal. This driveshaft has 0 play and is built like a tank. It can also be rebuilt. Trick makes 2 versions, one for DW and one for everything else. They are $130.

Now add this USED pedal to it:

$290 for a used 910 Speedcobra.

The total for the used 910 Speedcobra and a Trick driveshaft is $420. The price of a brand new 910 Speedcobra is $480 at Sweetwater.

So a used version with a Trick driveshaft is less expensive and better than the same pedal new. You can do this with any pedal you want, just make sure you get the correct driveshaft (Trick makes 2, one is for DW, one is for just about everything else).

My pedals are 20 years old (P902), have the Trick driveshaft, and were less than $250 all together since I bought the pedals used for $100.

Dont be afraid of used pedals. You can get fantastic deals if you look around.
Added that to my cart already. How about sonor dp4000s pedal? They any good?

I have no personal experience with them so I cant say.

Be sure to look at the Pearl Eliminators and Tama Iron Cobras in your search.

hell, I might even grab one of those drive shaft things....

my DW5000 is officially 26 years old, and it is only just recently showing serious signs of wear....which has prompted me to also possibly start looking too

Tama hp310 or DW 5000 or Yamaha DFP8500C?
Well, of these three ..... the Tama is a longboard. So, bit of a design difference right out of gate. All three are excellent pedals. If you're looking for a longboard, check out the Pearl P932 Demonator. That's more rival to the Speed Cobra.

My pedals are 20 years old (P902), have the Trick driveshaft, and were less than $250 all together since I bought the pedals used for $100. Dont be afraid of used pedals. You can get fantastic deals if you look around.

Had me some 902's for a good long time & they never let me down. Adding a Trick shaft would be just the thing to keep them going.
You should be in sales with your great breakdown of how to get something better for less. ? ?

Back