Evolution of my drums (Lots of pictures inside)

razorx

Platinum Member
Hi guys. I figured that I would give you guys an update on my kit. Two years ago I bought this kit. It started off as a five piece standard set up. While at a local music store I found a brand new add on floor tom just sitting there all alone so I bought it. Over the past few months I was browsing Ebay in search of more add on toms and came across a 10 inch and a 14x14 floor tom. Here are the complete specs.

Tama Super Star SL Customs in Red Scarlet Fade.
22x18 bass drum
10x8 rack tom
12x9 rack tom
13x9 rack tom
14x14 floor tom
16x16 floor tom
16x13 hanging floor tom
13x6.5 Joey Jordson Signature Snare drum ( the best present I’ve ever received)

My cymbal set up always changes. I don’t have enough stands to accomidate all of my cymbals but I hope to within the next month or so. This is the first time I have set up this kit with all of my drums minus the 16x13 hanging floor tom that I can’t put up since I don’t have enough hardware at the moment.

I love Paiste Cymbals.

20 Signature Power Crash
20 2oo2 Medium
18 Signature Power Crash
18 2oo2 Medium
18 2oo2 Nova China
20 2oo2 Power Ride
14 2oo2 Heavy Hi Hats (I’d like to get either 2oo2 or Signature Sound Edges in the future)

On the toms I use PinStripes over Amabassadors
On the snare I’m running an Emperor X over Ambassador
On the bass drum I have a super kick with a regulator

I use tama roadpro hardware and Iron Cobra Pedals.

Four Piece

HPIM1061.jpg

Five Piece

HPIM0828.jpg

HPIM0379.jpg

Six Piece
HPIM0378-1.jpg

Seven Piece

HPIM1366.jpg

HPIM1370.jpg

A look at the third rack tom/ cymbal set up. I had to do surgery on my double tom mount and add the multi clamp because the bass drum was too far away.
HPIM1367.jpg

Youtube: www.youtube.com/simpleplandrummer

Pretty sweet set, I like the different configurations and cymbals are looking awesome

**Might wanna put some more life into your playing...it almost looked like you were going to pass out or something but it was still tight

Haha. I don't think i'll pass out. I just try to play the best I can without messin up.

good cover in the video, you have great tempo, i like that 1up 2down set up in the 2nd pic and those 2oo2's look and sound real good, but i bet your 7th grade english teacher was always telling you to "sit up straight!" ;-)

good cover in the video, you have great tempo, i like that 1up 2down set up in the 2nd pic and those 2oo2's look and sound real good, but i bet your 7th grade english teacher was always telling you to "sit up straight!" ;-)

Haha thanks. Yeah i should work on sittin up straight.

Back