Ever noticed...

Guz2

...How drummers who usually use enourmous monster kits look so weird behind normal sized kits? I was trying (and failing) to get into Rush when I found this video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lpVjXwAfm0&feature=related
Look at the kit Neil uses and compare it to the kit he uses today! Also, Nicko Mcbrain is famous for being concealed by his huge kit, but looky here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUntBVpeBiE&feature=related (please excuse the fact that it's Top Of The Pops :p )

Is it just me?

I don't think it's so much that they're sitting behind a smaller kit, but what technique and sounds can result from playing a down-sized kit.

...How drummers who usually use enourmous monster kits look so weird behind normal sized kits?

Please define a "normal sized kit."

Some drummers with some music look weird on a smaller kit. Doesn't fit the music or image.

Last edited:
the funny thing about the kit that peart is playing is still much larger than any kit I would play haha

just an observation

the funny thing about the kit that peart is playing is still much larger than any kit I would play haha

just an observation

Just an observation: Rush, dream Theater and iron maiden type music are not what you normally play every day?

Iron Maiden miming! Horrible! I'm sure they were doing live performances on TOTP around then, why didn't they do that?

I suppose they actually needed to promote that album, since it was the big comeback of Adrian Smith and Bruce Dickinson, hence the fact they appeared at all.

Iron Maiden miming! Horrible! I'm sure they were doing live performances on TOTP around then, why didn't they do that?

I suppose they actually needed to promote that album, since it was the big comeback of Adrian Smith and Bruce Dickinson, hence the fact they appeared at all.

I have seen some of those shows (BBC America I think it was)

A dead give away for the rock groups is hearing a big, descending tom fill and seeing two toms. Huh???

Back