DW 9000

Has anyone ever split their 9000 double pedal and used them on 2 seperate bass drums? is it the same feel as if u would have bought 2 single bass pedals? i asked this question because the left foot pedal is made different from the main pedal with the 2 beaters and it seems like they would feel different or something.

http://www.dwdrums.com/pedals/9000Pedals.htm

first thing I notice is you'll have to come up with a way to attach a spring to the slave pedal since there isn't one on it. I don't have the double only the single version, is there even a place to attach the spring on the slave pedal?.

Can you not just move the beater to the left hand side but keep them joined by the link, therefore you're still using the spring on the right hand side unit. It means you won't have to do any major mods to an already expensive pedal.

first thing I notice is you'll have to come up with a way to attach a spring to the slave pedal since there isn't one on it. I don't have the double only the single version, is there even a place to attach the spring on the slave pedal?.

actually i think u can switch the little thing that holds the beater on the main pedal to where u attach the link thing on the slave pedal.then u just attach the spring to it. I THINK thats how it works. it seems like it. but it wouldnt make it a direct spring attachment like on the main pedal. so it seems as if the slave pedal converted to a single would have a different feel.

Back