Dw 9000 problem

Dannyspasov

Hi guys! So I got a brand new DW 9000 double pedal and I have a couple of issues with it (I bought it over a year ago).
First thing is more like personal taste i guess but I still aren't fully used to it and it never feels perfect no matter what I adjust and how much I play (I play drums for a living so my daily practice is about 2-5 hours).
And the second and most important thing is that in a few gigs the beater of my main pedal has come off... No matter how tight I tighten the screw... Seems a bit ridiculous for a pedal that costs so much money...
Any ideas?

Have you tried a different beater? Sometimes the rod diameters are a tiny bit smaller or larger and that can make a difference when tightening the beaters. Easiest thing to do is switch out the doubles’ tightening screws: one may be shorter than the other.

I tried using my mapex beaters but the rods are too thin for the dw screws. I only use the standard 2 zone dw beaters.
And what's frustrating too is that the screws are not supposed to come off at all so I can't change them for new ones in case that's the issue

The screw that holds the beater rod to the pedal? It can be removed on my 9002 pedals. If it kept coming loose, I'd put some loctite thread locker goo on it. Use the kind that is more easily removable.

Maybe the screw was damaged when using a smaller rod and it came loose?

I got myself some loctite thread locker just for that, but then I saw the screw doesn't come off. Plus it wouldn't be a permanent solution as it's not a screw that stays tight all the time because of disassembling the pedals.
I don't think the screw has been damaged because of that, it didn't even touch the thinner breater rod

I don’t understand. There are bolts that take drum keys that loosen and tighten to hold the beater in place.

I don’t understand. There are bolts that take drum keys that loosen and tighten to hold the beater in place.
Yeah I know that, they just simply don't hold it in place strong enough. I have strong hands so tightening isn't an issue, I even broke the original dw drum key... And the still came off

Do you use the memory locks on the beaters?

Back