Drum stick trading?

brady

Platinum Member
Could that be a thing here?

I have quite a few pairs of sticks that I've bought but know I won't use. I'm sure I'm not the only one like that.

I can list inventory specifics if this thing takes off.

I just thought this might be another way to help us acquire sticks in these troubling times...and help us unload some sticks that are just collecting dust.

Maybe mods can chime in too and let me know if this plan can happen?

There was a stick trading thread active on another forum last time I looked, so it’s definitely doable, just a question of logistics.

Hello, I could see this maybe being a thing, as long as the cost of shipping wasn't more than what it would cost to go buy the sticks in person. But it's an interesting concept.

Hello, I could see this maybe being a thing, as long as the cost of shipping wasn't more than what it would cost to go buy the sticks in person. But it's an interesting concept.

Indeed. But if two people are "trading" sticks, the shipping cost should be about the same for each party, because the packages are both going the same distance. If the shipping cost is on the individual doing the shipping, it's essentially a wash. So, you can acquire X number of X model stick for the cost of shipping your unwanted sticks to the other person. Sounds like a win/win to me! You get to unload your unwanted sticks and get some wanted ones in return. I would definitley participate.

Indeed. But if two people are "trading" sticks, the shipping cost should be about the same for each party, because the packages are both going the same distance. If the shipping cost is on the individual doing the shipping, it's essentially a wash. So, you can acquire X number of X model stick for the cost of shipping your unwanted sticks to the other person. Sounds like a win/win to me! You get to unload your unwanted sticks and get some wanted ones in return. I would definitley participate.
I get what you're saying. I guess I was looking at it as a one for one. So if they had a pair of Vic 5B's and I was sending some Pro-mark 2B's and it cost me $15 to ship. Then I might be better off just going an buying new local.

But if we're talking 5-6 pairs are being traded and it only cost my $20 to ship then yeah a trade would be more budget friendly then 5 new pairs for a brick and mortar.

Exactly. The cost to ship them would have to be lower than going to a shop and buying the same amount of sticks new at a shop.

Good idea for sure.

I'm interested; I have a few new and barely used pairs sitting in a drawer. If anyone has ProMark 707 and 808 nylon tip sticks, I want 'em!

Cool.

I have:
Vater 5A wood tip - 3 pairs
Vater 5A nylon tip - 4 pairs
Vater 7A Manhattan wood tip - 4 pairs

Would like to trade for Vic Firth 5A, 7A, or Gadd sticks. Any type of tip...

according to the Stick Poll thread, nobody except @Benthedrummer uses the sticks I do, so I would be "out", but more power to those who do use the same sticks!!

Reduce, REUSE, recycle is one of my mantras!!!

Back