Dream 20 Crash Ride

Anybody have any experience with this cymbal ? Thx
I had one. I bought it along with a 20" Bliss ride and several other Dream cymbals.
I liked the crash ride better than the ride, which seemed a bit bright and harsh to me.
Don't have it anymore, as I've got others that I like and use more.
But if you run across one at a good price, I'd say it's well worth considering.

Dream is the manufacturing name, but they have several lines - Bliss, Vintage Bliss, Contact, etc.
I think that most of the lines have a crash ride:

Last edited:
I played one at a drum show. Loved it. From memory it was very "buttery" - really smooth and sweet. I seriously considered buying it but I was on holidays 17.000 kms from home and had enough crap to lug around. Airport security probably would have considered it to be a killer frisbee and confiscated it.

I've a 19" Vintage Bliss crash ride. Very low pitch, highly responsive with rich overtones. I'd use a round tip drumstick with it to bring out the brightness and definition.
Mind you that these are thinner than the regular Bliss crash rides, which should be brighter but just as responsive. Heck, even their heavy Gorilla ride opens up to the lightest touch like no one else.

I bought 7 Dream cymbals around the beginning of the year.
4 are definite keepers and haven't been off my sets since I got them.
Two 24" small bell flat rides and two 18" Vintage Bliss crash rides.

One - a 22" Vintage Bliss crash ride - is a maybe - I had to put some tape on it to make it usable for me.
And the 20" Bliss Ride and 20" Bliss Crash Ride didn't make the cut, and are gone.
Nice cymbals, but not what I was looking for.

I bought 5 of the 7 online after only listening to videos.
2 I had the chance to try first.

Last edited:
I own a 20" Dream Bliss crash ride. Reasonably decent as a quiet light ride, but I use wood tip maple sticks to do that.
Crashing is where my particular beastie performs best, though. Rather thin and hand hammered so it opens up quickly with a deep, rich,
slightly trashy 'wang'(As opposed to b8 sheet bronze. Those cymbals have 'pish'! :LOL: ) I found mine to be a good fit in most of my
musical situations

I own a 20" Dream Bliss crash ride. Reasonably decent as a quiet light ride, but I use wood tip maple sticks to do that.
Crashing is where my particular beastie performs best, though. Rather thin and hand hammered so it opens up quickly with a deep, rich,
slightly trashy 'wang'(As opposed to b8 sheet bronze. Those cymbals have 'pish'! :LOL: ) I found mine to be a good fit in most of my
musical situations
Hey guy - how's the Stage Custom hoop project/pictures going?

I have a 17 in Vintage Bliss Crash-Ride that is a great crash but it needed some tape underneath for a ride. It's a bit bright and washy. I've since added a couple of rivets and it really is a great crash ride now-my brothers drummer is using it. I let him use it for a gig-I need to get it back come think of it.

I have a 17 in Vintage Bliss Crash-Ride that is a great crash but it needed some tape underneath for a ride. It's a bit bright and washy. I've since added a couple of rivets and it really is a great crash ride now-my brothers drummer is using it. I let him use it for a gig-I need to get it back come think of it.
My 18" VBCR's are very low pitched and dark.

Back