DM10: less song vol & more drum vol?

skunky

I'm fairly new to the E drum world & just bought a DM10 MKII Pro Drum Set. My question is regarding playing-along with any of the built in "songs": Both kit and song play just fine except I can barely hear the kit. I have maxed-out the volume on each drum (127 seem to be the max volume) but whenever I adjust the volume knob, both kit and song increase/decrease the same. How can I get either less song volume or more drum/cymbal volume?

I'm fairly new to the E drum world & just bought a DM10 MKII Pro Drum Set. My question is regarding playing-along with any of the built in "songs": Both kit and song play just fine except I can barely hear the kit. I have maxed-out the volume on each drum (127 seem to be the max volume) but whenever I adjust the volume knob, both kit and song increase/decrease the same. How can I get either less song volume or more drum/cymbal volume?
I have the crimson 2 se and I believe the modules are fairly similar (if not the same). Try this:

Tap the "song" button, you should see something like this:
IMG_20230707_075202959.jpg

Tap the "down" button to highlight "accomp vol" or "drum vol" then use either the wheel or the left/right arrows to play with those settings until you are comfortable. Remember to use the "up" button to highlight the song itself when you are done so you can change the song of you'd like. You may have to do this each time for each song, I don't remember.

Also, if this works for you I would advocate going back into your kit settings and putting the assigned drum kit back to a more normal volume so you can have a better baseline to adjust the song settings.

Or..... Instead of bothering with the module's built in songs, just use an external music source connected via the aux in.
That way you can control the volume individually without having to go deep into settings. ;)

Or..... Instead of bothering with the module's built in songs, just use an external music source connected via the aux in.
That way you can control the volume individually without having to go deep into settings. ;)
This is what I do most of the time, I just use a small aux cable and my cell phone. The "songs" in my module are basically simple two or four bar loops.

Back