Dixon Drums demoed by Gregg Bissonette

The 4mm toms do not have re-rings. Thats...crazy. I've never heard of shells that thin without reinforcement rings. Ever.

Maybe since they're 6 ply, that's enough to prevent warping? I dunno.

The bass is 24x18. Not a fan. The rack is 12x10, also not a fan.

I like how they sound though...nice and open as you would expect with thin shells. They sing nicely even at low volumes like he demonstrates in the video.

The other thing that caught my ear was that it was a purple sparkle "finish", not a wrap. Hooray! (though you cry harder if/when they are damaged)

While I assume they'd be available in other colors/sizes for normal people, I'm glad that they offer a larger than life purple glitter "BigWheels" kit for the true eccentrics among us.

Those all sound really impressive. I like that all four snares had a very distinct character that let the shell character to shine through.

I wish the toms had been tuned just a little higher, though that's a common complaint of mine about 99% of all demo videos. It seems a shame to have such thin shells but tune them below the point they start to sing out.

That is hard to believe 4 mm and no re-rings. So since he joined Dixon artist did he design the kit? Kit sounds great-regardless of depths. I like the purple sparkle to. His hammered brass snare isn't too shabby either.

Back