David Gilmour and Steve Gadd New album Luck and Strange.

think there's a bass drum in front of the bass drum.
freeze 2:56

Ludwigs too!

Plus, I don't think I've ever seen a drummer for David Gilmour use only only rack tom...

Love this 1st song and looking forward to hearing the rest of the album 80'years old and still sounds great. My Favorite Guitar player of all tme teamed up with one of my favorite drummers of all time.

Sounds great. Typical 'less-is-more' lesson by Dr. Gadd.

Would be interesting to know, how many 'takes' Gilmour needed to catch this guitar solo. When I saw him live, I thought by myself, that you could put every solo he did during this gig directly on an album, just as 'first takes'. So tasteful and good sounding, somehow mind blowing. But maybe he sees this different and is never satisfied. Who knows ...

I’ve probably heard Steve Gadd on numerous songs but he’s never been on my radar until seeing him on Rick Beato’s YouTube channel. His drumming on this song is so laid back and appropriate. Understated.
The Peart‘s and Portnoy‘s of the world have captivated me for ages but as I begin my own drum journey I appreciate playing such as Steve’s on this song more and more. I feel like I have a chance of playing “like” this as I progress. Something I can strive for.
Beautiful song.

I’ve probably heard Steve Gadd on numerous songs but he’s never been on my radar until seeing him on Rick Beato’s YouTube channel. His drumming on this song is so laid back and appropriate. Understated.
The Peart‘s and Portnoy‘s of the world have captivated me for ages but as I begin my own drum journey I appreciate playing such as Steve’s on this song more and more. I feel like I have a chance of playing “like” this as I progress. Something I can strive for.
Beautiful song.
Try his classic "50 ways to leave you Lover". It's excellent.

Back