Coverception

That was some good drumming. I really liked the fills at the end.

Took a few bars to settle in after the intro, but aside from that - really tasty playing. Can i also compliment you on the audio production too. Nice!
Do you mean you had to settle in on the genre (Dirty Loops have their own funky-like style) or rather the way I was playing the song?

Thank you for the compliment. Electronic drums are rather easy to record (you can set the panning and volume of every individual instrument (snare, hi-hat, bass drum and so on)). I did "make" a custom kit to use for this drum series, and I honestly and humbly am also satisfied with the result. I do master the sound afterwards for a better sound compared to the song. (With Adobe Soundbooth.)

Thanks again!

Do you mean you had to settle in on the genre (Dirty Loops have their own funky-like style) or rather the way I was playing the song?
More the way you played in the first part of the song after the intro section (BTW, I thought your playing in the intro section was stellar :) The intro fill at 0:17 was just a little disjointed, & the syncopated crash at 0:24 a fraction early for the groove feel IMHO. Tiny tiny stuff, but it did jump out at me considering how you nailed the rest of the song.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm offering critique against a background of your highly skilful playing. A lesser player, I wouldn't even mention it :)

More the way you played in the first part of the song after the intro section (BTW, I thought your playing in the intro section was stellar :) The intro fill at 0:17 was just a little disjointed, & the syncopated crash at 0:24 a fraction early for the groove feel IMHO. Tiny tiny stuff, but it did jump out at me considering how you nailed the rest of the song.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm offering critique against a background of your highly skilful playing. A lesser player, I wouldn't even mention it :)

No need for an apology. I understand completely and I appreciate your honesty. I post these cover hoping some one would point out all the (numerous) flaws. I wish to learn more and improve. Friends often only tell me "Wow, that's great!" Don't get me wrong, it is nice to hear that my work is appreciated, but it does not give me any input to improve on.

So thanks again, I really do appreciate all the feedback!

Really cool stuff. I think the Roland lets you down in the dynamics department so some of the fills stuck out a little bit.

Was that a drum less track you played to?

Really cool stuff. I think the Roland lets you down in the dynamics department so some of the fills stuck out a little bit.

Was that a drum less track you played to?

No, unfortunately it wasn't. I wish it was, though, because now some (if not "most") fills sound messy, partially because of the overlap with my fills (which are not the same as the original) and the original. If you know a good place to find drumless tracks, please let me know!

Thank you for the feedback!

Well you managed to hide the original backbeat, that is pretty good!

I know that electronic kits are looked down on a little, but that's all I've got to work with - so I am just trying to make the best of it.

Don't kid yourself Bram, I'd love an electronic kit at the moment since the A-kit is a non-go situation in our new house :)

Loved the cover man, you can tell you're enjoying yourself, some inspiring fills in there too...

Well you managed to hide the original backbeat, that is pretty good!

I suppose that has more to do with the mixing rather than the playing, but thanks!

Don't kid yourself Bram, I'd love an electronic kit at the moment since the A-kit is a non-go situation in our new house :)

Loved the cover man, you can tell you're enjoying yourself, some inspiring fills in there too...

I suppose they both have their pros and cons. I enjoy playing on an acoustic kit more, but an E-kit is just so much easier. Easier to set up, easier to record, less space required, easier to play along with music or metronome, less sound pollution and so on. So I guess that I'll be playing an E-kit until - some day - I have my own place.

I mentioned that E-kits are not really respected highly here because I remember that one of the first comments I got on this forum was something like "Ow, an E-kit..? We are not very interested in those here."

Back