Blast beats endurance

JJKK

So I've been working on technique the past year and got up to over 200bpm blasts. The question on endurance is: do I practice it at slower, medium or the fastest tempo I can go at? I'd guess all of them but I have limited focus and energy towards drum practice each day.

[I've been working on fulcrum strength, slow tempo endurance (2 minute runs) and of course technique/rebound practice every day. Add to this double kick technique and endurance and I'm pretty spent after each practice.]

Jonathan Curtis (member here) will hopefully have some very useful assistance for you. Hope he chimes in.

Not necessarily endurance -related but I found that my left hand finger control is severely lacking. I've worked on french grip for now, and it's slowly getting better. It wasn't the endurance, but the lack of relaxation.

. . . The question on endurance is: do I practice it at slower, medium or the fastest tempo I can go at?

Practicing slow is good for many things, but endurance isn't one of them.

Medium (medium fast) tempo for long periods is helpful (as long as the technique is correct) because it refines your muscle usage making it more efficient, which helps increase endurance by actually reducing the amount of effort involved.
Practicing at your max clean speed supplements the above for a well rounded endurance exercise.

Edit: you should see an increase in speed as well.

Back