Blaque Dynamite

Status
Not open for further replies.
He might of sold his house to buy those, drums, dam good drumming, it's not my style of a kit, but it's seems fine to him.

I use to balance bongos between my toms like that decades ago. They do sound great in mix. Hell of an energetic player-would make a helluva metal player too.

I seem to always prefer the drummers in this bag. They seem to be ahead of the rest of musicians. He's a fabulous drummer, for certain. But the music seems to lack depth. At least for me. It's like: "Lookit me! I'm in outer space!" This is me, of course. Great drummer.

I think I'm getting old and boring but it just seems like a bunch of random chops sprinkled over a song. He's doing what Thomas Pridgen did 15 years ago, but worse.

I think I'm getting old and boring but it just seems like a bunch of random chops sprinkled over a song. He's doing what Thomas Pridgen did 15 years ago, but worse.

Seems like the idol of this forum is Travis Barker, now i know why a drummer like Mike Mitchell is only appreciated by few.

What do you think of his kit and this performance?

Mike is a freaking monster - I've seen him play live a few times and had to follow him on one occasion at the Western Arts Alliance Conference where he played / showcased with this fantastic guitarist named Albino Mbie.

Dude can play - my only problem with him was that he never let the music breathe - it was the Mike show from beginning to end every time I've seen him.

Once he can reel it in - he has legend potential...he can FLY around the kit.

He also tried to eat our catering haha - but I don't blame him for that, it was good.

I like his playing in the video "Sons of Creation" it sounds a bit like Bruford and Cobham.

Last edited:
Would Phil Rudd be an influence?....maybe not. If I attempt to do this..attempt....at sound check Andy will just say...can I just get 2&4 please 😃.

If he learns to have some control and play less sometimes, MAYBE he could get back to playing at certain levels with some big names, but it's a big IF...

^THIS^ 100%

But, do you think he's even capable of reeling it back in? I certainly have my doubts.

Dude can play - my only problem with him was that he never let the music breathe - it was the Mike show from beginning to end every time I've seen him.
He also tried to eat our catering

This kind of attitude confirms my doubts above.

If he learns to have some control and play less sometimes, MAYBE he could get back to playing at certain levels with some big names, but it's a big IF...

Well, it seems he's burning bridges in the industry. Eating someone else's catering is one thing, but screwing a band over like this is entirely different. Sure, he may not give a shit about the metal genre, but these kinds of things get around:

Last edited by a moderator:
he is not bad. I can take this kind of drumming/music in small doses

it just sounds like grindcore/mincecore drumming minus the distortion and 6th grade lyrics

Last edited:
I've heard he had behavioral issues even when he was touring with Spirit Fingers, it may seem like a small thing but he was always late everytime they had to leave, for example...a friend of mine who knows a band's member told me about that time when everyone was waiting for him to leave the hotel in the morning, and once they found him Mike was eating like it was nothing. Apparently he has a prima donna attitude, but unless you are Prince or someone at that level, you don't last long in this industry.

What do you think of his kit and this performance?
So he obviously is super talented. However, he's not really doing much that we haven't seen 1,000 times in any of those gospel chops type videos (aside from the little jazzy drop part). Could I personally rip that hard, stay in time, and not get tired? Probably not. But it's also not playing that I'm going to freakout over. This type of stuff I give about thirty seconds of watch, say 'hmm, cool', then move on. Thanks for sharing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back