Beaters?

ddocimo

I'm looking for lightweight beaters that still pack a punch. I want to switch from Gibraltar Self Aligning beaters, and I could use some help.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that Stagg makes a very good lightweight two-surface beater, with a shaft that's apparently as durable as most "name" brands. I bought them as replacements when my DW beaters lost their felts, and I've played them with no issues for 5 years now (!)

Try some tama iron cobra beaters they are self adjusting and you can adjust whether they feel light or heavy or anywhere inbetween, they about $40 AU each.

I'm looking for lightweight beaters that still pack a punch.

The problem is the two rarely go together.

More often than not (depending on the pedal design), lightweight beaters don't pack a punch.

I agree on the Iron Cobra beaters. I use them (model CB90F) on two sets of pedals and I find for their light weight, they have a decent amount of hitting power compared to that of a heavier beater. Another favorite beater of mine is the traditional round felt or powder puff style. It all depends on the venue.

Dennis

i am currently using the wooden gibraltar beaters and they seem pretty heavy and i was wondering if any one had any suggestions on whitch ones i need? because i want really light beaters

i am currently using the wooden gibraltar beaters and they seem pretty heavy and i was wondering if any one had any suggestions on whitch ones i need? because i want really light beaters

A wooden tama CB90W beater would do the trick, you can adjust how heavy the beater feels with the adjustable weight. You can switch between the wood top and felt top on these beaters, as the tops of the beaters come off with a drum key.

This is a link to an example of one.

Back