Basement Video - Solo

Karl, I've listened to a lot of your stuff, and I love all of it, except this. This is just sexy superb! For a guy with your chops ability, to turn a piece this telling, this sensitive, with such a love for your instrument, is a beautiful thing to behold. I salute your reserve, and your willingness to bare your soul on video.

I can actually feel you smile inside, every time you play those toms. Interesting reverse tuning. For a tub basher like me, this is an insight into a world of dreams. Big thanks, KIS.

P.S. Man, that ride is dry & short. I love dry stuff. I play a Leopard ride myself, but your ride is beyond desert. Brave, individual & signature unique.

Thank you!
Well, the sound really depends on the room in the end...I didn`t expect the sound to be that clear. I havn`t felt the need to put any effects on personally.

And indeed, this flat ride sounds dry. It`s very exotic, the crash isn`t loud and "stick definition" falls in love with its own meaning. I love this pie... =)

Okay, I`m gonna record some more I think...

Thank you very much!

Karl

I have been waiting in anticipation for you to someday post a solo. Thank you for your accomplishment in a nice piece. I admire your passion and the way you held back on the solo. I was wondering if you would ever post a solo in which you let yourself go with more power and energy? Nice work!

As usual - great touch, gorgeous rimshots and a preference for lyricism over aggression.

As Andy said, that cymbal sure doesn't sing for long! I'm wondering what your thoughts were in choosing it, whether you came across it and figured, "Cool, I can use this" or if you decided you wanted a cymbal with short sustain and went looking for it.

Hey! Thank you both, I really appreciate it. :)

Well, the Flat ride has been kind of like...love on first sight. After I got my Signature ride I wanted to "complete" the set-up with a flat ride, I always liked the sound character of them.

So, in conclusion, getting such a Turk flat ride was planned long before I could actually buy one. I was rather looking for a specific sound than coming across this pie...

Karl

Back