aux in on dtxplorer

bud62651

how can I connect mic and iphone in aux in on dtxplorer?

I used a splitter, but they both don't work at the same time. Each work when only one is connected

What are you trying to achieve?

You want to connect two audio sources to the audio in on the DTX for some reason? If so use a mixer - but all down to what you are trying to do.... make more sense, for example, to plug everything into a mixer: mic + iPhone + DTX. Then headphones into that. But tell us what you are aiming for :)

I’m trying to play music and sing along with my mic. All through my headphones.

Mixer, then.

Plug everything in to the mixer, including your headphones. Sorted :)

Little 5-channel one will be fine, e.g.

523768-Behringer%20Xenyx%20502%205%20Channel%202%20Bus%20Mixer%203.png

how can I connect mic and iphone in aux in on dtxplorer?

I used a splitter, but they both don't work at the same time. Each work when only one is connected
Mixer, then.

second that. keep the volumes at around half way for your mic and from the phone source. and use the headphone out at the mixer.

My module Roland TD-11 has an aux in, which I use to connect my ipad or ipod or laptop for music, then I use a splitter from the headphone out to a in input 4 output headphone amp, one output for my headphones, the other 3 for 3 cameras.
But, you want to sing or have a mic, then you need that little mixer. If I wanted to have a mic, (I happen to have that same little mixer) then I would connect the mic to channel 1 , the phone to any of the remaining channels, then, connect the module aux out to another one of the remaining channels and my headphones also connected to the mixer. Start your module and your music source at low volume and the mixer volumes at 5 (half way) then adjust your module and your phone volumes until those two are leveled without touching the mixer volumes (more on that in a second). Then finally you can adjust your mic volume in the mixer to match the other two. At this point when your module and phone volumes are leveled, you can then touch the volumes on the mixer to bring them up or down a little to match your voice channel. The idea is to avoid peaking by keeping your devices (module and phone) input volume high before tweaking the mixer, this will allow you a higher tweaking range than if you try to adjust from the mixer from the get go. And you could really get nasty peaks if you tweak volumes on all 3 at the same time.

Last edited:
Mixer, then.

This ☝️

I use it on stage as my line-in for my IEMs.

But when I'm at home I feed my drum mic mixer, an audio source (phone or laptop) and output to IEMs into the 502 and it works perfectly.

Mixer, then.

I bought that little mixer a while ago and I am just now using it, my setup is now the Roland TD-11 and and Alesis DM5, I connected the two modules to the mixer, and my headphones to the mixer as well, this still allows if I wanted, to connect my headphones to the headphone amp and still split the outputs between my headphones and 3 cameras, and even send all that to a sound card to record. The mixer is not USB capable but they do make a similar one that is. I might get in the future.

I bought a mixer and it works, however the mic is very low volume. It's a $20 mic, so maybe I need a better mic. It's for personal home use, so thinking maybe $100 mic.

Ideas?

I bought a mixer and it works, however the mic is very low volume. It's a $20 mic, so maybe I need a better mic. It's for personal home use, so thinking maybe $100 mic.

Ideas?

Rather than guesswork - provide specifics / photos / etc. What mic? What mixer? Plugged into what input? Using what cable? etc etc.

That's not a mic mixer - it's a line-level mixer as it says. That's for higher line-level signals (powered things like instruments, CD players etc) - this is why the mic is quiet. Mics need to be sent thru a mic amp - as built in to a "proper" mixer - usually on the channels that have XLR/combo inputs.

Back