Audio editing software?

Hi im just in need of some audio editing software, that can edit 7 different channels ie: snare, bass and so on...and then be able to condense them and what not, and add music into the background.

bearing in mind i dont wont to blow my wallet up! anyone got any good inputs on this?

cheers tom

hi there, the problem IMO is that the cheaper programs, which will record and allow you to edit etc, will struggle to record multiple inputs at once unless you have a kickass soundcard. The latency in some of the cheaper/free programs can be catastrophic.

The wildcard is Audacity mixed with a semi-decent soundcard. It has all the stuff ive ever needed, compression, gating, reverb, frequency adjustment, its all there. Just google it.

hope this helps

Try Reaper at www.reaper.fm, it is free and works with virtually any plug-in, plus comes with many as standard. Reaper is probably not for the newbie as it does not 'walk you' through all the intricacies like other programs. Reaper is generally for those far more familiar with the useability of multi-channel a GUI virtual mix board. Think of Reaper like the Linux of audio programs. Reaper also handles 24/192 and does effects processing in 64-bit, which is what i needed for a recent album as many programs only handled 24/96.

Thx for your replies guys! iv sorted it out now, a version of cubase le 4 came with my audio interface.

cheers tom

Back