Anyone have “frozen shoulder”?

foamkni

I had a similar issue, however it was more towards my upper back.
Have you ever used a wheat pack or a tens machine? - As some chiro's or doctors will give you some weird stuff to 'sort you out' - especially when it's a frozen shoulder.

I'd recommend from experience NOT to play through gigs with a messed up shoulder - did that too....
Every time i swim the breast stroke (for example) it clicks and it's incredibly uncomfortable.

There are ways around it, such as exercises: https://www.health.harvard.edu/shoulders/stretching-exercises-frozen-shoulder
These definitely can help quite a bit, but you have to stick to it.

Other types of 'help' can be pain relief machines such as TENS devices - These can help stop you from feeling as much pain and also continue to practise, but don't take it too far - i.e. depending on how hard or how the technique on hitting the snare or hi-hat.

I'd recommend the exercises first, and perhaps further down the line a TENS device as it probably won't be the last time this happens.

EssKayKay

Frozen Shoulder – YES. I had rotator cuff surgery (in my 50’s) and all of sudden I could not move my arm up much without pain. I went to rehab twice a week for over two months with marginal (more like zero) improvement. I worked on it at home for another two month and gave up – no improvement. After about 16 months it improved and I have had marginal if any problems since – that was about 10 years ago. Good luck. . . .
Exact same story here - also 16 months for full recovery

J-W

I'm not laughing at your shoulder issue, but you quoted yourself thinking someone had the same issue and recovery time. That brightened my morning.

Well, in his defense, it was the exact same story. :)