Anthology leather stick bags

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
I saw these at NAMM. When I got home I ordered one of these in black. I've been using it for almost 2 months now. The pinnacle of leather stick bags IMO.

I've been using a Reunion Blues leather bag for about 10 years now. I thought THAT was the best leather bag out there. I thought it was OK. The zipper started ripping at the 90 degree bend a few years in, which started to affect the teeth, so I haven't been opening it all the way for about the last 7 years.

The Anthology....no contest. Bigger, but not crazy big. Way better leather. Much thicker top grain leather, stiff. The toughest leather to be had. Beautiful industrial grade stitchwork, just the best of the best. Built like a tank. Classy too. It keeps it's shape well. The RB was like glove leather by comparison. That's an exaggeration, but you get the point.

If you can't resist a really badass leather stick bag, check this out. Just $289.00 and it's all yours.

They have cymbal bags too. For like $625.00 Way too much for me. I prefer hard plastic anyway for cymbals.

Their stuff has an actual 100 year warranty. Not even kidding.

http://www.anthologygearwear.com/drum-stick-bag.html

Last edited:
I saw these at NAMM. When I got home I ordered one of these in black. I've been using it for almost 2 months now. The pinnacle of leather stick bags IMO.

I've been using a Reunion Blues leather bag for about 10 years now. I thought THAT was the best leather bag out there. I thought it was OK. The zipper started ripping at the 90 degree bend a few years in, which started to affect the teeth, so I haven't been opening it all the way for about the last 7 years.

The Anthology....no contest. Bigger, but not crazy big. Way better leather. Much thicker top grain leather, stiff. The toughest leather to be had. Beautiful industrial grade stitchwork, just the best of the best. Built like a tank. Classy too. It keeps it's shape well. The RB was like glove leather by comparison. That's an exaggeration, but you get the point.

If you can't resist a really badass leather stick bag, check this out. Just $289.00 and it's all yours.

They have cymbal bags too. For like $625.00 Way too much for me. I prefer hard plastic anyway for cymbals.

Their stuff has an actual 100 year warranty. Not even kidding.

http://www.anthologygearwear.com/drum-stick-bag.html

Wow. I screamed about my Reunion all leather stick bag for $130! That was almost 30 years ago!

Wow. I screamed about my Reunion all leather stick bag for $130! That was almost 30 years ago!

Man this thing is the Ferrari of stick bags. It's warranted for a century! That's insane!

I forget exactly what I paid for my RB bag. I want to say it was like 189 in 2005.

I'm a total sucker for a really well made leather gig bag.

Man this thing is the Ferrari of stick bags. It's warranted for a century! That's insane!

I forget exactly what I paid for my RB bag. I want to say it was like 189 in 2005.

I'm a total sucker for a really well made leather gig bag.

Me too. I had to have the matching Reunion Blues cymbal bag too, and I had to save my pennies for that. I've been using that for about as long as the stick bag.

I can dig the 100-year warranty, but I don't expect to be around for another 100 years ;)

$300 for a stick bag? Oy Vey!!!

If you really want to be fly you'll need the matching cymbal bag. I have matching DRUMSLINGER stick and cymbal bags, so Im 'cool' (i'd never go leather anyway).

$950 for a stick and matching cymbal bag? Get outta here! That leather bag looks like it'll mark up a drums finish if a fight breaks out.

Nice purse - LOL

Did you check the price on the guitar bag?
No doubt it's nice stuff, and built to last.
But you've got to have money to burn to even consider it.

....Their stuff has an actual 100 year warranty. Not even kidding....

I got a lifetime membership to a video store when they first started getting popular.
It closed about a year later - ha ha.

Wow!

I didn't even realise the Village People were looking for a new drummer.

It's official. I'm over the hill. I have no idea what you're basing this off of. Go ahead, make me feel stupid.

Nice purse - LOL

Did you check the price on the guitar bag?
No doubt it's nice stuff, and built to last.
But you've got to have money to burn to even consider it.

I got a lifetime membership to a video store when they first started getting popular.
It closed about a year later - ha ha.

289 for something that you can pass along to your kids?. A great gourmet dinner for 3 costs about the same and it's just a memory a few hours later. I think it's a fair price for what you get, because it lasts so long. Good call on the lifetime video membership. How were you supposed to know that technology would keep advancing lol? I've got a lifetime membership with drumming. I'm pretty sure they're not gonna close drumming forever.

I'm a storage fanatic. I too have a RB Deluxe stickbag and absolutely love it, but this one made me go "whoa!!"

Speaking of storage and accessories, etc. I'm including in my working setup a Rigid Pro Gear Cart so I can tote my fan, spare heads, etc, and the Pro Organizer to snap on top and carry felts, tension rods, keys, etc.

It made me go "whoa!!" too. It's stupid, but it makes me feel good.

It's official. I'm over the hill. I have no idea what you're basing this off of. Go ahead, make me feel stupid.

That stick bag (in black, of course), would just set off this outfit fabuslously!

6e919d70577527295fa6abb44d5fe1a3.jpg

Well that really killed this thread for me, thanks for that.

Now every time I put my badass new bag over my shoulder, I'm gonna have to try to block that image from my memory.

Thanks. A. Lot.

I owe you one.

You and that flying spaghetti monster. :)

Well that'll larn you for adding that your "what annoys you" thread was kicking my "what cheers you" thread...and doing it in my "what cheers you" thread.

I was deeply conflicted, almost enough to mention it in your "what annoys" thread, but I spotted that trap just in time!

Which reminds me, has anybody seen Caddy recently?

(Apologies for San Andreas Fault levels of thread drift.)

Well that'll larn you for adding that your "what annoys you" thread was kicking my "what cheers you" thread...and doing it in my "what cheers you" thread.

I was deeply conflicted, almost enough to mention it in your "what annoys" thread, but I spotted that trap just in time!

Which reminds me, has anybody seen Caddy recently?

(Apologies for San Andreas Fault levels of thread drift.)

Touche JJ. Although I have a mental image to contend with. That's right, you don't. Hmmm. Mine was just an innocent harmless little verbal tweak while yours can be construed as mental cruelty. That moustache keeps growing in my mind and it's freaking me out. Just sayin. But OK we're even.

I don't know where Caddy is. He IS an International Man of Mystery, so my guess is he got recruited for Black Ops. After all, he is an evil genius. I hope that poor bastard is OK.

How does a guru floor tom sound with this 10-pounder cowskin hanging off of it? ;)

Better than any other floor tom with a 10 pounder cowskin hanging off it. :)

Is this a trick question?

Well, if you would have said you bought one, I would have been a little more respectful - LOL
I thought you were just giving an FYI.

The lifetime membership thing was in reference to the 100 year warranty.
Think they'll be around in 100 years to honor it?

Well that really killed this thread for me, thanks for that.

Now every time I put my badass new bag over my shoulder, I'm gonna have to try to block that image from my memory.

Thanks. A. Lot.

I owe you one.

You and that flying spaghetti monster. :)

I'm doing my part to de-sensitize you to this sort of thing. It's for your own good.

Dr, some people feel DW is a better place without a 'like' button.

Had there been a 'like' button, your post - and current avatar - would have earned it.

I think you've won at DW for today.

Well, if you would have said you bought one, I would have been a little more respectful - LOL
I thought you were just giving an FYI.

The lifetime membership thing was in reference to the 100 year warranty.
Think they'll be around in 100 years to honor it?

No. On second thought yes. Well maybe. Possibly?

I'm doing my part to de-sensitize you to this sort of thing. It's for your own good.

OMG you slay me man. Only you would have done this for me. I really do have some good friends here, who only have my best interests at heart.

If only you were one of them lol.

I've been thinking about buying a nice, leather bag. If I do, this will definitely be the one. You don't hand out endorsements like this lightly, Larry #2. So your review carries a lot of weight with me.

Wondering if you'll see what I did there,
8Mile

Back