Alesis DM5

Stephascope

Afternoon all. I have an Alesis DM5 kit, however, the cable for the hi-hat is a gonner. Is this sonething that can be replaced or would I need a whole new unit and cables? Thanks 🤘❤️

Here is the product info page that links to the parts list

It shows "cable" with a product number of Z2010704

The link @PorkPieGuy posted above me seems to be your best source for that cable. I'll always advocate buying a few extra just in case you need them and to justify the shipping.

Now that I looked at that kit a bit... Maybe it's time to consider an upgrade? Even their basic nitro mesh kit has dramatically improved features including 2 zone snare, chokable crash, and mesh heads and can be had for under $400 brand new if you catch a sale (like labor day).

That module has individual cables, you don't need an Alesis part, just any regular 1/4in audio cable. From the pics it looks like they're all mono (TS, one black stripe), if the other end is smaller, that's probably 3.5mm, just check what you have. Getting one with a right-angle-end might fit better under a cymbal. The cables are only bundled together to look more neat, if you really need the new one to join them, there are also cheap cable sleeves online (e.g. on amazon).

If both ends are 1/4 inch (6.3mm large jack) you can also use a guitar cable. Like these or countless others on Amazon or from your local music store. You may need to find the right lenght based on your setup, I just listed all from 1m up.

That module has individual cables, you don't need an Alesis part, just any regular 1/4in audio cable. From the pics it looks like they're all mono (TS, one black stripe), if the other end is smaller, that's probably 3.5mm, just check what you have. Getting one with a right-angle-end might fit better under a cymbal. The cables are only bundled together to look more neat, if you really need the new one to join them, there are also cheap cable sleeves online (e.g. on amazon).
Your response is definitely correct and very helpful for the OP, I didn't even think of that. I believe they are mono because they are one zone but I don't know if the hi hat pedal allowing for the open and closed sound counts as a second "zone" for the purposes of these cables. The hi hat pedal jack probably is the smaller 3.5mm size, they use it with their lower end kit hi hat pedals.

Your response is definitely correct and very helpful for the OP, I didn't even think of that. I believe they are mono because they are one zone but I don't know if the hi hat pedal allowing for the open and closed sound counts as a second "zone" for the purposes of these cables. The hi hat pedal jack probably is the smaller 3.5mm size, they use it with their lower end kit hi hat pedals.
It's not really clear from the first post if it's the hi hat pad or the pedal cable...

Back