Advice on pedals

VictorSxL

Hello Drummerworld!

I'm thinking about getting a double pedal. But not sure which one, i know that many will tell me its all about personal prefence and i agree a 100% with that but i can't try out all the pedals im considering buying.

Right now im thinking about:

DW50002

IC Powerglide / Rolling glide

& The eliminator double pedal.

I would really like a pedal with a good amount of control, the stuff i would like to play on it varies from (double pedal-wise):
Metallica
In Flames
Megadeth
Avenged sevenfold.

Keep in mind i would like a pedal i could keep for quite sometime (think a couple of years)

All advice on these items are greatly appreciated! Already read a load of posts og this and the PDF forum so i have a fair knowledge on all pedals.

Of those listed the 5002 or elims. Either will last a long time. I had a set of 5002 that I used for 12 years and they were still working fine when I sold them.

Both are excellent pedals though the elims do give you the option of changing the feel with the extra modules you can swap out.

Of those listed the 5002 or elims. Either will last a long time. I had a set of 5002 that I used for 12 years and they were still working fine when I sold them.

Both are excellent pedals though the elims do give you the option of changing the feel with the extra modules you can swap out.

Thank you very much!

Why not the IC's though?

What makes the 5002's and eliminators better?

Thank you very much!

Why not the IC's though?

What makes the 5002's and eliminators better?

that question is where you get into the feel of the pedal. Played on many different ic's and they just didn't feel good to my feet.

That is, pretty much, THE grouping of mid/high end doubles. Flip a coin, roll a die, whichever you get you'll love.

Me, I got the IC's with the power glide cam and the cobra coil and it's an incredible pedal to ME. The guy at my local Guitar Center is a DW fanboy through and through, and I talked to another guy who only plays Pearl. No matter what, you'll love it. So just go with your gut.

Yeah those are pretty much the big three chain / strap driven mid/high level pedals.

Like Mixelpix said, you're bound to like which ever one you buy.

I have the elim's and really like them, if you set the "powershifter" all the way back they almost feel like a long board.

Ic's have the new "cobra coil" and that's pretty awesome, I like their feel too.

I don't know about 5000's though I've only used them once, they've got a nice smooth and heavy feel.

I too have the iron cobra doubles, compared to any standard pedals they will feel AMAZING i feel their slightly too heavy for me personally, but everyone has a different feel, i would go for the eliminators for a lighter pedal and the iron cobras for a heavier pedal depending on what feel your going for.

You MUST check out the Mapex Falcon. It's the best chain-driven double pedal I've ever had the priviledge to lay my feet on. It will suit your needs perfectly.

In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with the Tama pedals. I own a Tama Power Glide double, Power Glide single with the Cobra Coil and a Rolling Glide. I also play the Trick Pro 1V, Pearl Eliminator and Yamaha belt drive. You really have to try them out and directly compare one to the other. The adjustments on the pedals can make or break your decision process. I tried pedals out for about two months last year before I finally bought the Trick pedal. At that point it was either going to be the Trick or the Pearl Demon Drive.

Pedals are a very personal part of drumming. What I like and consider being an important attribute to a pedal, you may not.

Dennis

well the control part will come from practice, not from what pedal you buy.

If you don't mind my asking why can't you try out the pedals?

-Jonathan

Back