Advice on buying this kit?

stive85

Hey Everyone,

I'm buying a new drum kit for my brother who has been playing drums almost years (so beginner stages I suppose still). His kit now is hurting pretty bad.

Although I am somewhat familiar with drum brands, I am far from compitent spotting a good deal so am trying to enlist some help. Im going to go with a used kit for sure tho. I have been looking at this mapex kit and was looking for advice (good deal, quality)

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-drums-percussion-6-piece-drum-set-w-cymbals-and-double-bass-W0QQAdIdZ339053020

I received some pictures of the kit as well.

Any opinions, advice on price etc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• Drums1.jpeg
    Drums1.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 158
The QR's sound ok. Not the best but good for what they are. Nice TRX, but he'll want to replace the ZBT's eventually. Looks like a fresh bass drum head and nice Pearl Eliminator Double Pedal. They're pretty legit. I'd see if he'll go down to maybe $750 but I'm not sure that they're worth $900.

If you have the extra cash id buy a gibraltar rack for it. I purchased a used one a little over a year ago and its made my life a heck of alot easier (check my pictures on my profile). But other than than that its looks as though its a really nice kit.

Attachments

• DSC_0028.JPG
    DSC_0028.JPG
    282.3 KB · Views: 98
So the consensus seems to be that the kit is too expensive for a used set?

Any ideas on what would be a fair offer to make?

Thanks for the all the help tho guys.

Back