AA vs. AAX Crashes

drums32

Im going to the guitar center memorial sale this weekend and im stuck between the Sabian AA Medium Thin Crash 17" or 18" or the Sabian AAX Plosion 17"......what do you guys think is better for the money? I just played the 18" AA Medium thin crash and was blown away by the power of that cymbal! But im not sure and my b-day is in about a week and i need another crash to go with my XS20 16 inch med. thin crash. Please help and give me your opinions and comments, thanks alot

Im going to the guitar center memorial sale this weekend and im stuck between the Sabian AA Medium Thin Crash 17" or 18" or the Sabian AAX Plosion 17"......what do you guys think is better for the money? I just played the 18" AA Medium thin crash and was blown away by the power of that cymbal! But im not sure and my b-day is in about a week and i need another crash to go with my XS20 16 inch med. thin crash. Please help and give me your opinions and comments, thanks alot

Hi drums32:
In my opinion, you must go for AAX, because this line is not too dark nor too bright..and dont forget its an xplosion, so you get there the power you want..
A year ago I played a16 AA m. thin crash and for my taste, too bright, and I think the AAX combines better with your xs20.
And it doesnt matter odd size, I love 17 inch crashes because have an inmediate response...
fInally, if possible, try the tree ones at the same time..your ears will decide...
GOOD LUCK

I have 3 AAX's, a 17" studio crash, 16" dark crash, and a 15" aaxtreme china. I love them all especially the dark crash I just got today at Guitar Center for the memorial day thing. 15% off with a coupon plus 10 pairs of sticks for $10, amazing deal. I would definitly go with AAX

Hi drums32:
In my opinion, you must go for AAX, because this line is not too dark nor too bright..and dont forget its an xplosion, so you get there the power you want..
A year ago I played a16 AA m. thin crash and for my taste, too bright, and I think the AAX combines better with your xs20.
And it doesnt matter odd size, I love 17 inch crashes because have an inmediate response...
fInally, if possible, try the tree ones at the same time..your ears will decide...
GOOD LUCK

To my ears, the AAX sounds more bright than the AA. Not a world of difference though. I am a proud owner of an AAXplosion 16" crash and an AAX 8" and 12" splash. My next cymbals will be AA or HHX. Just got an HH raw bell dry ride as well. Each line has something solid to offer, and I am the last person to try and shove them into a category. The best thing to do would be to bring one of your XS20 cymbals in and play it alongside both to see what blends better. Also, from my experience, "thin crashes" tend to open up more with soft playing than thicker crashes. Good luck!

thanks for all the comments so far i appreciate it:)

I have 3 AAX's, a 17" studio crash, 16" dark crash, and a 15" aaxtreme china. I love them all especially the dark crash I just got today at Guitar Center for the memorial day thing. 15% off with a coupon plus 10 pairs of sticks for $10, amazing deal. I would definitly go with AAX

So do you think mondays list sale will be much better than 15% off? Im deciding whether to go today or monday

Hi drums32:
GOOD LUCK

I'll have to respectfully dissagree. I own an AAXplosion Crash and an AA Med-Thin Crash. I like the Med-Thin more and it actually sounds pretty dark and mellow.

I own them both, compared them side by side, and the AAX sounds brighter. The AA is also cheaper.

So do you think mondays list sale will be much better than 15% off? Im deciding whether to go today or monday

17" Medium-Thin ($189) - With the 15% off comes out to $160 (without the tax)
17" AAXplosion ($209) - With the 15% off comes out to $178 (without the tax)

You can get the 18" AA cheaper than the 17" AAX. I think you should go with the AA. Like I said before, I own both, compaired them and the AA seems like it would work best for you.

As for going today or monday, I'd say today because you don't know what they'll have there on monday. They may have nothing.

I'll have to respectfully dissagree. I own an AAXplosion Crash and an AA Med-Thin Crash. I like the Med-Thin more and it actually sounds pretty dark and mellow.

I own them both, compared them side by side, and the AAX sounds brighter. The AA is also cheaper.

17" Medium-Thin ($189) - With the 15% off comes out to $160 (without the tax)
17" AAXplosion ($209) - With the 15% off comes out to $178 (without the tax)

You can get the 18" AA cheaper than the 17" AAX. I think you should go with the AA. Like I said before, I own both, compaired them and the AA seems like it would work best for you.

As for going today or monday, I'd say today because you don't know what they'll have there on monday. They may have nothing.

thanks now heres the deal though im still not sure im going to test the cymbals out when i get there but if i was to get the aaxplosion...my local music store has the aaxplosion 17 inch for $189.99 and guitar center has that thing if you find a better deal they will match it by 10% off. My local music store is an authorized dealer too but they dont have a website where i can show guitar center the proof of the price but Do you think they would let me use the 15% off on top of the 10% price match guaruntee? thanks:)

thanks now heres the deal though im still not sure im going to test the cymbals out when i get there but if i was to get the aaxplosion...my local music store has the aaxplosion 17 inch for $189.99 and guitar center has that thing if you find a better deal they will match it by 10% off. My local music store is an authorized dealer too but they dont have a website where i can show guitar center the proof of the price but Do you think they would let me use the 15% off on top of the 10% price match guaruntee? thanks:)

Nope.
From Guitar Center:

"*Discount applies to single-item purchase only. Purchases must be made at the Guaranteed Lowest Price. Not to be used in conjunction with other promotions or offers. No cash value. Not valid on previous purchases. Excludes clearance, used, price-matched, and vintage equipment, Adam monitors, AKG, Ampeg, Apogee Duets, Apple, Audix, Bose, Crate, Crown, dbx, Digidesign HD, DigiTech, Edirol, Epiphone, ESP, Euphonix, EVH®, Fender®, Gibson®, Gretsch® guitars, Ibanez, Jackson®, JBL, Korg, KRK, Lexicon, Mackie, Martin, Mesa Boogie, Mogami, Monster Cable, Morgan, QSC, some Roland/BOSS products, Royer Labs, Shure, Soundcraft, Squier®, SSL, SWR, and Vox. Offer valid Friday 5/22/09 – Sunday 5/24/09 only."

Nope.
From Guitar Center:

"*Discount applies to single-item purchase only. Purchases must be made at the Guaranteed Lowest Price. Not to be used in conjunction with other promotions or offers. No cash value. Not valid on previous purchases. Excludes clearance, used, price-matched, and vintage equipment, Adam monitors, AKG, Ampeg, Apogee Duets, Apple, Audix, Bose, Crate, Crown, dbx, Digidesign HD, DigiTech, Edirol, Epiphone, ESP, Euphonix, EVH®, Fender®, Gibson®, Gretsch® guitars, Ibanez, Jackson®, JBL, Korg, KRK, Lexicon, Mackie, Martin, Mesa Boogie, Mogami, Monster Cable, Morgan, QSC, some Roland/BOSS products, Royer Labs, Shure, Soundcraft, Squier®, SSL, SWR, and Vox. Offer valid Friday 5/22/09 – Sunday 5/24/09 only."

ohhhh... that would have been awesome if it was 35% off... hey thanks though:)

Nope.
From Guitar Center:

That's exactly what the coupon I printed off their website said.

send them an email and show them the long island drum center website. It's the same price it's 189 and some change.

send them an email and show them the long island drum center website. It's the same price it's 189 and some change.

thank you so much hopefully they will give me 15% off $189

They will. I've done it a few times just out of curiosity.

Thanks i dont think they had it in a 17 inch but i ended up getting an 18 inch used paiste signature fast crash for $65 bucks

Back