bobby2112

I recently bought a SPL (sound percussion labs) drum kit to do a conversion into electronic drums, using a Roland TD-27 module, Lemon cymbals. Triggers and heads are from extreme drums. Rubber rim protectors from UFO Drums. I went to Evans and bought a custom drum head with the vintage Apollo name on it. I thought the logo looked kind of cool that’s why I chose it. The Apollo name was a cool vintage kit back in the 70s. This is the first electronic conversion I built on my own.

Attachments

• IMG_0766.jpeg
    IMG_0766.jpeg
    434.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1206.jpeg
    IMG_1206.jpeg
    486.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0761.jpeg
    IMG_0761.jpeg
    427.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0762.jpeg
    IMG_0762.jpeg
    291.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0751.jpeg
    IMG_0751.jpeg
    423.8 KB · Views: 25
Nicely done all round- how are the Lemons holding up?
I haven’t really really got a chance to test them for an extended period of time. But the last ones I owned, held up great under pretty heavy, hitting along with the Roland new thin cymbals.

Can't go wrong with Lemon cymbals IMO. Bought mine from lemoncymbals [dot] co [dot] uk and couldn't be happier :)

Can't go wrong with Lemon cymbals IMO. Bought mine from lemoncymbals [dot] co [dot] uk and couldn't be happier :)
I have some shitty Pintech cymbals that I bought back in 2010 still working perfectly fine. What most people problem with edrums is, they forget that they don't need to bash the pads like you would have to with an acoustic kit. you can play much more relaxed and with less effort and your pads (and your body) will last longer. mine are now 14 years old and counting.

Back