3 minute solo

Not good, eh? I can only assume from the lack of response. Shit.

Last edited:
Solid. I was impressed. I liked the single stroke roll patterns you were doing around the drums. You have lots of really cool fills.

If I can offer some constructive criticism, You are crushing your fast passages. For instance when you play those 32nd fills, the tempo speeds up slightly. The 2 32nds notes in your herta patterns are too close together as well.. I'd practice opening that stuff up, staying relaxed, and practicing it slowly with a metronome, and then slowly goosing it up, trying to make it feel the same as the slow tempo.

Solid. I was impressed. I liked the single stroke roll patterns you were doing around the drums. You have lots of really cool fills.

If I can offer some constructive criticism, You are crushing your fast passages. For instance when you play those 32nd fills, the tempo speeds up slightly. The 2 32nds notes in your herta patterns are too close together as well.. I'd practice opening that stuff up, staying relaxed, and practicing it slowly with a metronome, and then slowly goosing it up, trying to make it feel the same as the slow tempo.

Awesome. Thank you for the constructive criticism. I will try what you say, because I agree that some of my notes are too close together. That is an excellent way to put it. I've been battling my own technique for a long time, with stiffness and lack of rebound, and I am starting to understand why, and how to make it better, so I am pretty psyched. This is only the beginning. I hope to practice with a few new concepts and hopefully it will produce some real results. I'll post something soon. Cheers!

One more for the road. It's short and fairly simple (50 seconds)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncf8RHDiL3k

Some nice ideas in there, &, especially in the 2nd video, you're working on something I'm completely crap with, & that's your left hand independence. Good stuff, just needs some road miles :)

Some nice ideas in there, &, especially in the 2nd video, you're working on something I'm completely crap with, & that's your left hand independence. Good stuff, just needs some road miles :)

Thank you! I hope you're right. Time will tell. The left hand stuff I think is really fun, plus its hard not to want to do it when all of my idols do. It compels me.

Back