2 new videos

mcbike

Silver Member
These are pretty good quality videos, they recorded the sound direct off the board and everything on the kit is close miced, audix d6 on the kick, sennheisers on the toms and snare. They used three cameras.

This was the first weekend out with my new SJC kit
22x14, 12x8, 16x14 maple
the snare is a 14x5" chrome over brass
cymbals are all zildian
14" quickbeats, 11" k hybrid, 17" a custom, 18" a custom, 21" sweet ride

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMLJT1S9PdI
this ones a 6/8 power ballad type number

http://youtu.be/kpRTu2e23mM

This one is a medley starts out with the swing, goes into a polka, then a train.

let me know what you guys think, how do the drums/cymbals sound? hows my playing?

Some damn fine playing there! I really like your band, very real. Your drumming was spot on, and your kit sounds like a champ. I very much enjoyed that. Something about an Irish accented lead singer that gets me every time.

Great stuff, McBike - the 6/8 was such a soulful performance from the whole band. No wonder you guys are doing well. Liked the energy and tightness of the medley.

Toms seemed a bit boomy at times in the ballad - otherwise you and your kit are great.

Love the band! have done since you first posted Blaggards here. Great vibe and maturity to the performance. A band with road miles, & it shows.

Kit sounds great, especially for a board mix. A touch more definition to the toms & a bit more bite to the snare would have been nice, but that's usual for a board mix in all but the big venues, as FOH also benefits from your stage sound. Great playing from you also. All in all, job done, & some :)

Brilliant songs, I liked these a lot, some folk-rock with balls, very groovy, bog songs had some interesting groove changes, I enjoyed it thouroughly :)

Looks like you're using a 20" bass drum?, it certainely has the punch and the depth in terms of sound.

Brilliant songs, I liked these a lot, some folk-rock with balls, very groovy, bog songs had some interesting groove changes, I enjoyed it thouroughly :)

Looks like you're using a 20" bass drum?, it certainely has the punch and the depth in terms of sound.

it's a 22"x14 I had been using a 24x14 for the past 10 years and just switched to a 22" to make it easier to find heads on the road.

it's a 22"x14 I had been using a 24x14 for the past 10 years and just switched to a 22" to make it easier to find heads on the road.

I see, that explain the sound then...

...err, your bass player and guitarist are very tall, it's because of them I thought you BD was a 20", lol.

Back