10" Pearl Masters Snare in Platinum Mist

geeza

So here is my latest project. I had an extra 10x8 MMX tom laying around and decided to turn it into a snare. I cut the top and bottom of the shell off , Recut the 45 degree bearing edge , used the inside holes from the top and bottom lugs, stretched them out slightly to fit the CL-55 lugs, threw on a piccolo throw off, moved the badge down to the middle of the shell and now i have a matching aux snare for my kit. It turned out perfect and sounds great. Hope you like it.

Attachments

• IMG_1182.JPG
    IMG_1182.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 2,275
  • IMG_1388.JPG
    IMG_1388.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,189
  • IMG_1397.JPG
    IMG_1397.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,029
  • IMG_1406.JPG
    IMG_1406.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 888
  • IMG_1407.JPG
    IMG_1407.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 881
  • IMG_1408.JPG
    IMG_1408.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 871
I used a palm sander to create the beds. Other than the two screw holes above the badge (which are filled in) you can't tell it was a mod. I used the top and bottom portion of the shell to practice cutting the bearing edge.

wow, that is really sharp! bet it has a nice crack to it!!

out of curiosity how deep is it?

-Jonathan

wow, that is really sharp! bet it has a nice crack to it!!

out of curiosity how deep is it?

-Jonathan
The depth is 4 1/4". This is the deepest i could go without exposing the original lug holes. Keep in mind this was a Masters MMX, so after cutting the top and bottom of the shell off, you're removing the reinforcement rings and left with a thin 4 ply shell. Yes the crack will take your head off and that's how i like my crack.

Back