Search results

1. H

Craigslist find....any opinions?

I'm actually going to leave the stock resos on for a bit, but they'll get replaced soon with g1 clears and a hazy 300.
  2. H

I'm putting one on my son's Pearl Export as well. Putting G2 coated on his toms and Remo Powerstroke 3 on his bass. His Export is from 2001 and still has the original Pearltones on it. While they look hardly used I figure its time.
  3. H

I was wondering that as well. I have found a couple of pics of the same drum with no serial # just like mine. All the lugs and hardware seem to match perfectly.
  4. H

Thanks for that. Definitely helped me eliminate some choices. I've decided to try a Evans Genera HD Dry for now. Should I be concerned that the drum has no serial #?
  5. H

Another new drummer dad ??? Head Replacememt.

Went ahead and ordered some heads after I was able to try a few. Going to go with G2 coated batters on the toms, Remo Powerstroke 3 on the bass, Genera HD Dry on the snare. I was real close to going EC2 clear on the toms but liked the warmth of the G2's better. The G2 clears had too many...
  6. H

I don't think it's a "5". It is actually an S and all the other images I can find online show an actual number stamped after the S which has me a little perplexed. When I brought it home it had a really annoying ring and rattle. I took the heads off, got rid of the dust and dirt around the...
  7. H

Just picked this snare up on CL marketplace. Needs a new batter but in great condition otherwise so I figure it was worth the $20. I'm going to using it with a set of exports I picked cheap and am just going Frankenstein with the parts and hardware I need to complete the kit. Has anyone ever...
  8. H

That's what the practical Dad in me is saying. The former drummer in me who is rekindling his love of the skins is telling me that when I'm alone in the house I wanna take the pads off and have them sound as good as possible. If I decide to do it I'm only gonna do the batters; wavering between...
  9. H

I recently acquired a 2001 Pearl Export fusion kit for my 8 year old son. It is in very good condition to the point that it doesn't look like its been played alot. We've had the kit for over a month and the stock pearl protone heads don't have much wear and they have kept their tuning very well...
  10. H

Drummer dad buys 1st real kit for drummer son

I would agree with the above. He'll be better served by a good used full size kit rather than a Gammon, etc which will have no resale value and will need to be upgraded anyway if he sticks with it. A good, solid used kit will hold most of its value and will serve him well. Plenty of good...
  11. H

Quick response needed. Worth it?

The research I've done tells me I can do a vinyl wrap or refinish for about $75. Once I get the hardware off I'll decide. If the wrap is only held on by adhesive at the seam and the grain is good, I'll refinish. Otherwise, I'll just wrap them. In the meantime I'm in search mode on what I still...
  12. H

It will actually be for me if I decide to keep it as I just finished completing a export kit for my son so I'm definitely going to need another tom arm. Once I get all the hardware off I'll have a better idea of the shell wrap condition. I think I can refinish either way for about $75 and I've...
  13. H

So now that I've bought my son a kit I've got the bug. I'm now looking at restoring these shells and going the Frankenstein route to complete the kit for as little $$ as possible since they'll be staying in the garage should I decide to keep them. My main concern is the rack toms. The kit only...
  14. H

Don't think that will work. Meinls are 13", Paistes are 14".
  15. H

So here's the entire haul. .Pork Pie Throne silver glitter/Zebra...looks brand new Mapex snare stand Pearl hi hat stand 14" Paiste 502 hi hats in VGC 22 x 18 bass drum, Remo Weather King Powerstroke 3 batter head 12",13" rack Tom's 16" floor tom....all Tom's have Evan's ec2 batters over what...
  16. H

Scored...no snare but I can easily acquire one. Gonna start cleaning them up tomorrow. What's the best way to get rust of some of the hardware? Some kind of soaking? Flitz? Other ideas?
  17. H

These just popped up on FB...Looking at getting all of this for $140. My thoughts are replacing the Tama and SP hi hat and snare stands with these Pearl's on the export set I just got for my boy. A second throne would be nice so I wouldn't have to adjust when my boy and I switch. Figure I could...
  18. H

Yes Dear, I wasn't BSing you...

I wouldn't have the time at this point. Maybe in another 15 years when I'm retired. It was just nice to hear from someone that my skills haven't totally left me yet...
  19. H

Yes Dear, I wasn't BSing you...

Having procured a full size kit for my 8 year old I'm starting to play again after a near 40 year hiatus. Initially, my lovely wife was complaining about the noise, until I reminded her it was she who insisted it was time to get our son a real kit. I've now got most of the kit muted. As I played...
  20. H

Manual? User Guide?

Thanks for the info. I was able to figure out the adjustments but thought it would be nice to have s manual/user guide as a reference. Re: the cam, even though it doesn't come with the additional cam, could I swap it for a non-circular cam if I procured one in the future?
Back