Search results

1. A

Is It Legal To Play Drums In The Middle Of The Night?

How far does a house have to be so that drums aren’t heard from a neighbor!?
  2. A

Porter & Davies??

Are there any cheaper alternatives to this out in the market???
  3. A

"Cymbal Craftsman" Paul Francis

Hey Paul I would buy one from you. How can I contact you to arrange?
  4. A

One cymbal has hundreds and hundred of hammering into it… construction very different
  5. A

Like what??
  6. A

Bovid Percussion

I did see a 22” for like $190 so that gives me an idea. Thanks for the link!
  7. A

Bovid Percussion

Anyone got any? Wondering how expensive bass drum heads are?
  8. A

I just heard that Zildian 86d Paul Francis.

I do miss seeing Paul on videos interviews etc. Zildjian not making that kind of great story telling content anymore
  9. A

Ear Monitors / Tinnitus

This list RE tinnitus is RIGHT ON also FWIW, alcohol for me will cause my tinnitus to “flare up” at night and last: I discovered that sleeping belly down also affects tinnitus. Muscles are tended on your neck which for me flares up tinnitus. I’ve noticed by just not drinking as much and not...
  10. A

Snare drum lug/screw detunes while playing.

I heard on a Podcast (DrumCandy I think?) someone said if a snare is not perfectly round this tends to happen. Not sure if true or not, or a leading cause?
  11. A

Earthworks DM20 - sale price?

No harm in trying! Thanks for the tips
  12. A

Earthworks DM20 - sale price?

Has anyone bought a DM20 on sale? Trying to find a coupon somewhere but can’t find anything but full price. I want to buy 3 of them hence why I ask. Any tips appreciated!
  13. A

22 Big Apple Dar Ride

I have since picked up a 21” Signature and it’s super nice but still like the Big Apple better. I’m waiting on a Jazz Agop ride to try that out and hunting a 30th anniversary... but man are they expensive
  14. A

22 Big Apple Dar Ride

Awesome thanks!!! How did you find the 22” at that weight... are they super washy?
  15. A

22 Big Apple Dar Ride

Hi everyone! I have a 22” Meinl Apple Dark Ride that I absolutely adore. I love the earthiness, dark, washy but controlled, and nice “coughy” stick definition. I want to get another ride to go with this, thinking something from Istanbul Agop... but I don’t want something pingy or super clear...
  16. A

Black Friday sales

Are they on sale anywhere (Earthwork mics?) what kind of deal?
  17. A

Conventional wisdom versus the actual snare height and seating position of top drummers

Thank you!!! I was looking for this information and this was exactly what I needed.
  18. A

Anti-Vibration Drumsticks

I’ve started using them and notice a big difference. Agree the rubber butts fall too easily though.
  19. A

Mixing headphones?

Hi, I want a small mixer (Xenyx 502) to be able to get more highs on my headphones (Vic Firth) It would go iPhone to mixer, mixer to headphones I suppose any idea what additional cables I may need to make this work? (Outside cable from headphones) any help appreciated!
  20. A

Storing cymbals - what's your approach?

Hi guys, Was reading through the post on "how many rides & hi-hats" we all have and realized we all have the same hoarding problem, so that's good to know :D Curious about what your storage method is? I have a box I made (inspiration from RDavidR from Youtube) and just lean cymbals against...
Back