Search results

1. B

If you knew then what you know now...

With drums,or musical instruments in general being so expensive,I see more and more people who research and ask questions about that "big purchase" long before they buy it.Yet alot of us didnt have the internet,or mega music stores to become so well educated before making that big purchase.We...
  2. B

Musician's Community

I see so many come to the e-kit threads with the same problem...need a way to keep playing,without disturbing the neighbors.So why isnt there any communities set up for musicians?A zone where there is a clear understanding that you're moving into an area where a drummer may start up at any...
  3. B

Toontrack's expansion packs half price

http://www.amazon.com/Toontrack-Drumkit-Hell-Expansion-EZDrummer/dp/B000KY2JIM/ref=pd_cp_MI_2 Amazon has em for 39.99....so that means whatever site you normally go through will most likely match it. I didnt look closely at all their products,but I think I seen the metal foundry marked down...
  4. B

Alesis trigger i/o cymbal choking issue

Hey everyone I have the Alesis studio kit with the trigger i/o and was wondering if anyone has any experience with it.Contacting Alesis customer support has been a nightmare.They simply dont write back.Very poor. The kit has two "chokeable" cymbals.Yet I cant get them to choke.When I go to...
  5. B

cymbal compatibility ...will game cymbals work?

Getting a practice kit for the apartment.Decided on the alesis usb studio kit.Its all midi so you can program the sounds you want into it and run it straight to your recording software that also has all the midi sounds, so its a good fit.So was wondering instead of spending alot of extra dough...
  6. B

Yea I see the snare "sticky" but lets talk intermediate

Been looking to step up from my made in china PDP snare that came with the set. So heres the details...looking for that rock/metal punch you in the ear attack,so leaning heavily toward metal based snares. Not to limit my options,but looking at the 150 to 300 dollars new range.That aims me...
  7. B

Recording with new mixer...need help

OK so im working on a small studio in the apartment.Its very low budget,and im not very experienced with the mixing board I just picked up,in fact.Its a Behringer xenyx 1204usb...im not sure it even works properly because i dont have everything I need for it.OK let me give details.I intended to...
  8. B

Is this good Karma?

So I toss on the headphones,for my first play along experience on the drums.OK so I barely know how to keep a beat,but want to have a bit of fun. So I figure ill look for some classic rock channel,get lucky with an AC/DC tune or something,but instead,I am immediately greeted with Mr Neil Peart...
  9. B

Adjusting double pedal beaters...

OK so this is my second thread on my new double bass pedal.This time I need to pick your brains on how to get the two beaters to act alike. I have messed around with the tension on both springs,but no matter how I do it,the left beater,that is controlled by the far left pedal,sits like an...
  10. B

Need Help!!double kick and hi hat pedal cramped..

OK so its my first double pedal,I just got it today.Problem I have is,my left pedal on the kick and the hi hat pedal just dont seem to want to co-exist. I wish I had a picture,but basically,the hi hat has three legs,and one wants to go right where that double kick is. Now if I move it...
  11. B

Seeking the truth behind Batter heads/Resonant heads

So I have been doing alot of reading on drum heads.Apparently top of the line Remo and Evans heads are the way to go,and you can walk in blindfolded,and pick them out,and have the right heads....now with that said,what is the truth behind drum heads? I have played guitar for almost 30 years...
  12. B

Do I start with a New beat hi-hat,and never look back?

Still working on a good starter set,and am thick into researching cymbals at the moment,which I am convinced,could be a college major,with the amount out there. So heres the deal,I know its all personal preference,but do you just go straight for a professional hi-hat? Meaning,sure most of the...
  13. B

Do you know a competetive Musician?

Was just on You Tube,checking out some drummers,and comparing some gear...and like usual,there is always that person,who calls out the poster. You know,that guy who says.."YOU SUCK!!" then goes on to talk about how they could do that song a year ago,and what not,oblivious to the degree of anger...
  14. B

Best double bass drum pedals for the buck?

Ok so ive got some great advise as to good quality sets to go with starting out,and I have it down to Sonor and Mapex. I really like that Sonor Force 3007 And Cymbals,ill just assume is too much of a personal preference,and with all there is to choose from,ill most likely have to go out and...
  15. B

Noob Beginner Looking at Starter Sets

I played some percussion back in school,many many years ago.I am a guitarist,and have picked up some drum skills over the years wgile the sets lay around the practice area,and am looking to buy a set of my own.It eats at me more and more every day,to learn more about the drums,and is also...
Back