Search results

1. pgm554

What are you eating right now.

Chicken birini.
  2. pgm554

Updated Neusonics on SW…prices went up

Ford Maverick $1995
  3. pgm554

Neil Peart HYF/Presto kit in storage (see pics). Who owns this?

I saw one of his Ludwig kits in the RRHOF. Pretty much beat to death.
  4. pgm554

Ghost notes - Easier with trad grip?

My trad grip is better on all levels. Many years trad grip has mucho muscle memory.
  5. pgm554

Older players - gear and other changes you've made?

One discovers that an enema goes from a kinky sexual act to one of necessity because you eat too much cheese and not enough fiber. Damn you Kraft!
  6. pgm554

Ralph Humphrey in hospice

Says he's in hospice care. Not good ,but not dead.
  7. pgm554

A great article about Corder Drums.... featuring a photo of our very own Bermuda!

I thought they were all the same sized holes from the bearing edge,but Fibes made them to different sizes and I'm thinking Corder must have missed it on yours. Note the rattle on my Crystalite with the wrong throw with a longer arm disengaged. Everybody has their moment of infamy. Look at...
  8. pgm554

A great article about Corder Drums.... featuring a photo of our very own Bermuda!

SFT 690 was very picky with holes. Even more finicky were the different sized throw mechanisms that I didn't know about..
  9. pgm554

Ralph Humphrey in hospice

Heard him first time on The New Don Ellis Band Goes Underground. Bulgarian Bulge was the tune.33/16 Two horn players turned me on to him. Ouch.
  10. pgm554

I remember the raw shells being actually undersized because I got splay with the snare shells. I own two of their later metal wrapped snares and they're dead on perfect.
  11. pgm554

My dealings with Jim wire not as bad ,but there were some catches. They wrapped the metal covering too tight when shipping and creased the wrap. Raw shell was missing snare holes. I had to drill my own. Lucky I had Fibes as a template.
  12. pgm554

Favorite 'no-drumming' records

Tubular Bells.
  13. pgm554

3 new Stage Custom finishes for 2023

I hear you. Tour series finishes turn me off.
  14. pgm554

Nice find, nice shop owner.

You see advertisements on TV for specials,but you only get the special price with he app. Wendy's just pulled this recently.
  15. pgm554

Creativity vs cost of living

Back in the day ,places like LA ,San Fran and NYC produced a plethora of bands. (Journey ,Huey Lewis ,Doors). I can't think of many coming out of these cities as national acts anymore. Looks like Austin and Nashville are the places musicians move because it just costs too much to be a starving...
  16. pgm554

Bop kits under $1,000 - thoughts on Sonor AQ2? Would you look to spend more for a used Renown?

The Yammie bop is quite good. My only complaint is the 6 lug bass drum.
  17. pgm554

Visiting NOLA, what must we do?

I was there back in a time where you could buy hard liquor at 18 legally. I remember playing for Nixon.at the VFW national convention.
  18. pgm554

Visiting NOLA, what must we do?

Gumbo.
  19. pgm554

Bad practice sessions - what do you do?

Cigarettes and espresso coffee.. Zappa had them for breakfast.
Back