Did a gig on some Roland V-Drums!

Got it sir.
With all the drummers coming in there to play....it's possible that some of them would not know how to operate a roland module.....and would start fiddling with it.
..."oh no....I erased it on accidento"
maybe a good idea to keep the "box"....sequestered.

I don’t think Devo ever went completely electronic for the drums for an entire show. I’m certainly not a fan of the eKit.
Totally understand and that makes perfect sense, I just always assumed it would have been much easier and more consistent for you when it comes to some of their more unusual sounds and tones... Though I guess a lot of that can/does come from keys.

Side question: do y'all play Huboon Stomp? That's probably my favorite Devo song and it seems to be a super deep cut. Most people I talk to, even those who claim to be big Devo fans, are commonly not familiar with it.

Totally understand and that makes perfect sense, I just always assumed it would have been much easier and more consistent for you when it comes to some of their more unusual sounds and tones... Though I guess a lot of that can/does come from keys.

Side question: do y'all play Huboon Stomp? That's probably my favorite Devo song and it seems to be a super deep cut. Most people I talk to, even those who claim to be big Devo fans, are commonly not familiar with it.
Wow - I’m not familiar with it. I’ll have to check it out.

But we’re finding out with this tribute band thing, people who come aren’t the real deep cut fans. They’re certainly happy with the more well-known stuff. They just want to remember what it was like back in 1979. We’re even debating playing “Jocko Homo” because there’s a possibility we could lose the audience on that one, let alone any real obscure deep cut. We do “Blockhead” and I think that’s as much of an odd-time tune they could take!

But we’re finding out with this tribute band thing, people who come aren’t the real deep cut fans. They’re certainly happy with the more well-known stuff. They just want to remember what it was like back in 1979. We’re even debating playing “Jocko Homo” because there’s a possibility we could lose the audience on that one, let alone any real obscure deep cut. We do “Blockhead” and I think that’s as much of an odd-time tune they could take!
That absolutely makes sense. I have friends in a few different tribute/cover bands, all of them very active with regular paying gigs to big crowds, and they all agree that 99% of attendees just want to hear billboard hits.

This song has such a killer groove to it and the build up into the chorus that crashes back down into that main riff is just gnarly. Great tune.

I don’t think Devo ever went completely electronic for the drums for an entire show. I’m certainly not a fan of the eKit.
The only time Devo used electronic drums was on the tour for their fifth album, Oh No It’s Devo in 1982. Most of the drums were on a track and Alan had 4 pads he added other drum sounds with. And that was only for a third of the show. Everything else was acoustic, although the subsequent drummers always have a pad to play Whip It.

Interesting...following. I picked up a TD50K2 this year and plan on it being my gig set. Also rehearse on a loaner acoustic kit. Transitioning between the 2 kits has me always wanting the Vdrums.....except for dynamics, feel and cymbal response. Those 3 things are a work in progress, and I need to get into the trigger settings more. I am even looking at the SPD-SX to replace the acoustic kit for rehearsals.....

Back