Gear you regret losing

Sold a Craviotto limited cherry snare well over a decade ago, signed by Johnny of course. The drum was a bit finicky with a rather limited tuning range to be honest but when dialed in just right, it sounded sweet. Sold it to fund some other purchase. I’d love to have that drum today.
I sold a 14x5.5 Craviotto DW natural maple drum. I liked the look of it and the idea of it, but the sound just wasn’t something I was ever happy with. I sold it for cheaper than I should have, but I needed the cash at the time. I wonder if I would have been able to dial it in any better today than 10 years ago…

There’s a guy who used to be on the forums, I haven’t seen him in a while. He lives in Ohio, he’s a really good pro drummer. His name is J. R. Richley. I sold him an 18 inch Canadian K crash that I would love to have back. At the time I wanted super thin splashy cymbals that got out of the way like Evolutions and A Customs. Now that I actually know how to play a cymbal I realize how good that one was.

13 inch Tempus Snare Drum made from some black looking fibreglass or something. Sold it years ago and really regret selling it. The thing was a loud beast.

Tempus-Snare-Drum.jpg

13 inch Tempus Snare Drum made from some black looking fibreglass or something. Sold it years ago and really regret selling it. The thing was a loud beast.

View attachment 128943
You can't be serious...i remember a guy who posted some snaredrum sound clips moons ago on some drum forum and his Zickos snaredrum and (yellow) Tempus 13" fiberglass snaredrum were two that had me going crazy. When I saw your drum it took me back to that point in time. Wow. 😁.

Reactions: I-P
I miss some guitars. Acrylic plexi Srat and a green plexi Acrylic Mockingbird BC Rich, tuning fork head stock this and neck thru Mockingbird bass that.
I miss not buying some I've found: a Jackson Randy Rhoads Professional neck thru Flying Vee ($450-475), Steinberger (several), Warwick (several), Rickenbacker 4001 ($275).

Last edited:
My 8x14 Tama Superstar snare. Sold it off with the rest of the kit to seal the deal back in the 90s. Kicked myself ever since. Then family, house, etc happened lol. Finally got another last year after much shopping, as they have spiked considerably in cost.

My first kit, 5 piece Tama Rockstar. It was nothing special or expensive, but man they sounded good.
I had a 10 year layoff without playing and am just now picking them back up. Wish I had them.

Reactions: I-P
A kit very pretty much like this one.....
Sold it in 86.... :oops: ... regrets !
pogbkgrhjmfn5eprf5eh.jpg

I will break it up in sections
1) kits - TRS Custom Drums Custom Craft kit in Caribbean Blue Burst lacquer finish - made by a local builder Maple shells with an inner veneer or Vertical Grain African Mahogany - to be honest this kit sounded better than my N&C Horizon kit and it was finished nicer . I picked out everything on this kit .

2) Whitney Nesting Penguin 16 kit - superb sounding drums - nested the entire kit weighed 35 lbs . So portable and the best sounding nesting kit I have ever owned or played .

Cymbals - a few here
Paiste 20” Traditional Medium Heavy ride
Paiste 21” Dark Energy Mk 2 ride
Paiste Dark Energy crashes 17” and 18”
Paiste 14” hats

Snares
Tama Peter Erskine Jazz snare - really should have kept that one . AEB2A86D-142A-4C19-A7CD-7D5B5A757CA1.jpeg37D672FB-FE6F-4735-9B29-E570D50D439D.jpeg

Back