Live stream recording for your perusal

alparrott

Diamond Member
My original singer-songwriter band (actually, like the twentieth iteration of it) did a live stream concert last night. I think overall it came out pretty well, even though my hands had a a LOT of dumb through the show. This is an unplugged set with a few rockers, a few slow songs, a few cover songs, a few in Spanish, and a piano solo. (~1 hour)

Nice playing and nice band! I like the variety!!

Very enjoyable :) I couldn't really hear your bass drum :(
Thanks Andy. Yeah, I wasn't 100% happy with the entire mix, especially in my in-ears (I never had enough bass), but the sound you hear on this recording may be as much due to limitations in Facebook's video player as it is to the mix. Heaven knows I was poking that thing like it owed me money. Thanks for helping me get a beautiful snare crack though!

Nice playing and nice band! I like the variety!!
Thanks very much :) We even played a flamenco-style rhumba, just for you of course :)

Thanks very much :) We even played a flamenco-style rhumba, just for you of course :)
I first thought of Gypsy Kings. Anyway, the "rhumba" in my user name is actually a misspelling of the rumba in "Rumba Clave", which is an attempt to pay homage to my Latin inspirations. I consider myself a Chick Corea fan, but I hadn't heard of his "Armando's Rhumba" until recently. In my defense, it was released in 1976, when I was 10, about a decade before I became aware of Chick. According to Google, the album is "My Spanish Heart".

Again, nice playing Al!

I first thought of Gypsy Kings. Anyway, the "rhumba" in my user name is actually a misspelling of the rumba in "Rumba Clave", which is an attempt to pay homage to my Latin inspirations. I consider myself a Chick Corea fan, but I hadn't heard of his "Armando's Rhumba" until recently. In my defense, it was released in 1976, when I was 10, about a decade before I became aware of Chick. According to Google, the album is "My Spanish Heart".

Again, nice playing Al!
Good call on Gypsy Kings. We used to play a cover of their version of "Hotel California" and that's essentially the exact same part I use on "Desde Medianoche".

It's an outstanding video.
Thanks! We're all pretty happy about how it came out. This same band will be doing another live set in the beginning of June... so far away I know! Gonna do a Leonard Cohen cover and a new original in a punk-pop feel.

Back