Recent content by Kaiser

1. K

Need an energy boost

Thanks everyone for the advice and helpful suggestions. Was a 3 hour set with no breaks but made it through with a litre of lucozade and wine gums. Also adrenaline seemed to keep the engine ticking over.
  2. K

Need an energy boost

Sounds good
  3. K

Need an energy boost

I have that to look forward to 😬
  4. K

Need an energy boost

Wise words indeed
  5. K

Need an energy boost

Yeah hopefully....if he lets me 😴
  6. K

Need an energy boost

Thanks PPG, will stock up
  7. K

Need an energy boost

Hi Our toddler decided to keep me awake all night and I have gig later this evening. What do you do to get through a gig when youre feeling exhausted? Any advice is much appreciated.
  8. K

Gretsch New Classic Kit - Weight?

I have been reading some good reviews of this kit but haven't got the chance to try one out yet. Can anyone advise me about the weight of these drums? I read in the MD review (03/07) that the 16" floor tom weighs over 16lbs :-O. Are they of the hernia-inducing variety when lugging to gigs?
  9. K

Tommy Igoe & Birdland Big Band

I booked tickets on a hunch to see Tommy Igoe and his big band at Birdland in New York, Just wondering if any anybody here has seen these guys in action?
  10. K

Drum Shops in Manhattan

I will be making a trip to New York next month. Can anyone recommend some drum shops to visit around Manhattan? Apologies if there is already a post on this, if so please let me know. Cheers
  11. K

How long does it take you to set up?

Just wondering how long it takes people to set up your gear for a gig? I takes me about 40 mins to set up a 4-piece with 3 cymbals (unmic'd). How about you?
  12. K

I want to see the drummer, not the band

I love Steve Gadd. Where I live the only chance I would get to see him are when he plays with big concert acts like Paul Simon or Eric Clapton. He is playing with Clapton in May. I am not a huge fan of Clapton but just want to see Steve Gadd play in the flesh. Has anyone gone to a gig just to...
  13. K

Micing a bass drum with no port hole

Thanks drumtechdad, I guess the bass player will have to be my 'helper'!
  14. K

I play 'a bit of everything' so I'll try that, thanks larryace Thanks stickers, I had thought of buying a sub kick but havent heard one so am a bit hesitant. Thanks drumguyfromWI, I have a hole in one of my kits, but not the one I gig with! I dont have to worry about towels etc as I use...
  15. K

Thanks drumtechdad I look forward to trying all the suggestions.
Back