J
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• J
      jdavis reacted to PorkPieGuy's post in the thread Ludwig Classic Maple with Like Like.
      I have 5 amazing vintage kits and a set of Classic Maples. If I had to have one, it would be the CM’s. They are fantastic.
    • J
      jdavis reacted to jda's post in the thread Ludwig sound with Like Like.
      Lion King
    • J
      jdavis reacted to River19's post in the thread Ludwig sound with Like Like.
      It's interesting, as a child of the 80s and being influenced by issues of Modern Drummer from the mid 80s through mid 90s during my teen...
    • J
      jdavis reacted to Stroman's post in the thread Ludwig sound with Like Like.
      Speaking of Carter, here he is playing Classic Maples with black dots. This is always going to be my gold standard for how rock drums...
    • J
      jdavis reacted to PorkPieGuy's post in the thread Ludwig sound with Like Like.
      To my ears, Ludwig Classic Maples are the best-sounding modern made drums today. Ludwig has very specific sound that I love. I call it...
    • J
      jdavis reacted to Elvis's post in the thread Ludwig Classic Maple with Like Like.
      They pretty much were already doing that. Around 1996, they came out with a 5 ply Maple/Poplar shell they called "Vintage". It was 6.1mm...
    • J
      jdavis reacted to Square's post in the thread Crazy Wife, Happy Life. with Like Like.
      A couple of weeks ago I went into Bentley’s Drums in Fresno for my weekly lesson. They had just put out a new arrival. A USA Custom...
    • J
      jdavis reacted to Stroman's post in the thread Ludwig Classic Maple with Like Like.
      Maybe so! Maybe it was just the smaller toms that were in question as to ply count. I just remember the dealer (my teacher at the time)...
    • J
      jdavis reacted to Rattlin' Bones's post in the thread Ludwig Classic Maple with Like Like.
      Modern Ludwig CM kits are almost the defacto standard in USA built drum kits today. Same price range as Gretsch Brooklyn. I have owned...
    • J
      jdavis reacted to heartbeat's post in the thread Ludwig Classic Maple with Like Like.
      Yes, you could choose between Super Classic 4-ply or Classic 6-ply, but I'm thinking that wasn't until later 80s. The '88 catalog shows...
    • J
      jdavis reacted to Artstar's post in the thread Ludwig Classic Maple with Like Like.
      Those 6 ply Classics were 9.5mm thick.. The 4 ply Super Classic was 7.9mm and these were both Maple/Poplar (which is the best wood...
    • J
      jdavis reacted to Stroman's post in the thread Ludwig Classic Maple with Like Like.
      This is good info! You are a wealth of knowledge. 😊 My two current sets are the seven ply Classic Maples. In the eighties I ordered a...
    • J
      jdavis reacted to heartbeat's post in the thread Ludwig Classic Maple with Like Like.
      Classic Maples were introduced in 1998, but they were 9-ply maple. Around 2007 they switched to the current 7-ply. BTW, that website...
    • J
      jdavis reacted to wildbill's post in the thread Ludwig Classic Maple with Like Like.
      Despite Ludwig's long history, the drums we know today as Class Maples didn't show up until 2001...
    • J
      And here's Big Blue. (Little Blue was posted above, because it's 20/14/12. Big Blue is 24/13/16. ☺️)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back