Recent content by Achilles Stand

1. Achilles Stand

Recommendation for bass drum patch

Thank you, the person I spoke to at Aquarian suggested it too. When I read some reviews on it, I saw that a lot of people see those wear out really fast and leave sticky stuff behind (it's what prompted me to start this thread). Has that ever happened to you? Do you you use a felt beater?
  2. Achilles Stand

I have a few from EMAD purchases and wanted to try them, but they're smaller than the square Danmar beater's striking surface.
  3. Achilles Stand

I just put new heads on my bass drum. I used Aquarian Deep Vintage II with felt strips, on both the batter and reso sides. I'm loving the sound. I'm using the square Danmar felt beaters with a Speed Cobra double pedal. This is my quiet kit, I'm mostly playing with four grass Vic Firth Remix...
  4. Achilles Stand

Kraft Music recommedations?

I said I'd update once I got the kit, everything went smoothly after all. FedEx had some issues, but that's just typical FedEx bs. Everything was good with Kraft, highly recommended.
  5. Achilles Stand

I did end up placing my order with them. The guy on the phone that helped me was professional, polite, patient and knowledgable. There doesnt appear to be anything out of sorts about the store whatsoever. If I remember, I'll update this post once I've got my kit.
  6. Achilles Stand

The Yelp page for Kraft Music has some pretty bad reviews (alongside the good ones too). Of course these things will happen with even the best stores. To get a clearer picture from personal experiences, can anyone recommend or recommend against buying a Roland TD17 KVX bundle from Kraft? Also...
Back