Greatest Rock Supergroup ?

I'm probably going to be crucified for saying this but I really don't class any member of The Beatles as what I would deem a Rockstar , more Popstar . Maybe I should have said Classic Rock Supergroup ?

Sooooo. You think Helter Skelter, I am The Walrus, Taxman, Tomorrow Never Knows, Come Together etc etc etc are Pop and not rock/punk whatever??????

drums - Cozy Powell
bass/vox - Phil Lynott
guitar/vox - Gary Moore
keys - Jon Lord
lead vox - Ronnie James Dio

Matt Chamberlain - Drums
Michael Hedges - Guitar
Patrick O' Hearn - Bass
Steve Roach - Synths.
Evelyn Glennie & Trilok Gurtu - Percussion

;)

Probably got the defintion wrong, but

British Blues/Rock
Ginger Baker/Charlie Watts - Drums
Jack Bruce/ John McVie - Bass
John Mayall/ Eric Clapton - Guitar
Me - vocals!

Dream Group

Drums - Louis Bellson/Gene Krupa
Piano - Fats Domino/ Jerry Lee Lewis/ Little Richard
Guitars - Albert Collins/Stevie Ray Vaughan/Big Bill Broonzy/ Snooks Eaglin/ Scotty Moore
Harmonica - Little Walter
Song Writers - LeadBelly and Bob Dylan
Vocals - Me!!

Still it's been done by accident...'The Million Dollar Quartet'

Drums - Stewart Copeland
Bass - Flea
Lead guitar - Jimmy Page
Rhythm guitar - Keith Richards
Vocals - Axl Rose

Now, before you jump down my throat about the last one, let me state I'm very much not an Axl apologist, the guy was a dick in his prime and a bigger dick now...but I am nonetheless a huge fan of his vocals on Appetite for Destruction. So sue me. There is a rather sizable chance the result of this collaboration would be borderline unlistenable, but I'm obviously a fan of all of the above and I'd be interested to see how Copeland, a drummer coming from a reggae and jazz-heavy background, would work with Flea, a funk rocker.

Malcolm Young Rhythm Guitar
Micheal Shenker Lead Guitar
Bonzo Drums
Geddy Lee Bass
Mick Jagger Vox/Rooster Strut!

johnny mathis and astrid gilberto on vocals.

vinnie paul on drums.

kenny g on sax.

jose feliciano on guitar.

larry graham on bass.

rick wakeman on keyboards.

zamfir on panflute.

myron cohen on accordian.

stevie nicks on tambourine.

tony orlando and dawn along with slim whitman and red sovine on backing vocals.

sounds SUPER to me!!!!!

Have you hacked my computer? You posted all of my answers except for Myron Cohen. I would have taken Wierd Al for his hair.

Drums. Bill Brufford

Bass. Chris Squire

Guitar. Dave Gilmore.

Keys/Vocals. Steve Winwood.

Keys/Guitar/Vocals. Paul Rogers

Top band.

Drums : Charlie Watts

Bass: Darryl Jones

Guitars: Keith Richards - Ronnie Wood

Lead: Mick Jagger

Bernhard

Drums. Bill Brufford

Bass. Chris Squire

Guitar. Dave Gilmore.

Keys/Vocals. Steve Winwood.

Keys/Guitar/Vocals. Paul Rogers

Top band.

Great individual players and vocalist but I see very little chemistry between them ... and Bill B would not be a happy camper in that group ...

Now look at the list below yours ... no one is the best but there's great chemistry, though he didn't say what that Bernhard guy at the end of the list would be playing :)

Vocals-Maynard,Geoff Tate and Layne Staley all seated off to the side...with Rob Halford fronting.

Bass-Steve Harris

Drums-Bonham

Guitars-Randy Rhoads,Dimebag,Jimmy Page

Keys-Ludwig Van Beethoven(primary writer)

They played the Old Grey Whistle Test way back when:

Gary Moore, guitar/vocals
Phil Lynott, bass/vocals
Scott Gorham, guitar
Don Airey, keys
Cozy Powell, drums

They would never age, they'd write and release an album every year, and they'd tour with Black Country Communion.

Great individual players and vocalist but I see very little chemistry between them ... and Bill B would not be a happy camper in that group ...

Now look at the list below yours ... no one is the best but there's great chemistry, though he didn't say what that Bernhard guy at the end of the list would be playing :)

Ahhhh, But.
If you put guys of the same old together, you will probably get the same old.

I put these guys in the band cos they are different. Great individuals but different. Mix that lot and bang some heads together, and try to imagine what they could come up with.
They might make prog rock sound old time music hall, or a load of rubbish, but this is only a game.
I can dream.

They played the Old Grey Whistle Test way back when:

Gary Moore, guitar/vocals
Phil Lynott, bass/vocals
Scott Gorham, guitar
Don Airey, keys
Cozy Powell, drums

They would never age, they'd write and release an album every year, and they'd tour with Black Country Communion.

When I was a kid,and my older brother pulled out that Thin Lizzy live album,I swore it had to be a supergroup.I didnt know anything about them,just that they were far too talented to all be from the same high school growing up.They were amazing.

Back