Latest Purchase...Non-percussion

Drumdame - I was referring to CB Photo's superb skills as a photographer! His images are fantastic - check out his website.
With his skills, he'd create great images with any equipment, even an old Etch a Sketch. (I hear he's a pretty good drummer, too!)
I'm very interested in seeing that are you able to send me the link?

Looks like a mix of Ahead and Protection Racket cases? I have a similar mix. Both are really nice, but I am not super fond of the zipper arrangement on the Ahead case. Love the shelves.... I need to do something similar.
Correct on the make of bags sir! Shelves were from Home Depot.

Last edited:
It's certainly a lovely camera. But let's be realistic - you could have a used Etch A Sketch and make beautiful images!
I wouldn't agree about using an Etch A Sketch and have beautiful images... I hope you were only kidding because I have been into photography all my life and there's no comparison!
Y’all make me blush. ☺️
I’m not a vocalist, you know.

Y’all make me blush. ☺️
I’m not a vocalist, you know.
cbphoto, if you don't mind me asking where are you from? I'm from Worcester, Massachusetts 40 miles west of Boston.

Drummer_D

cbphoto, if you don't mind me asking where are you from? I'm from Worcester, Massachusetts 40 miles west of Boston.

Drummer_D
I grew up on the beaches of San Diego, and began surfing when I was 10. Wind ‘n Sea was my hangout. ⬇️

F8678543-FFB5-4FFC-9B24-11D6F09F08C4.jpeg

Thankfully, Providence pulled me into an orbit that is as far from the Pacific as it from the Atlantic, on the windy plains of corn & bean. He has plopped my butt on a spit of land with views that are equal or better than what I grew up on. The view from my studio ⬇️

B033E8E3-A91D-4BB4-BB72-538916BAD277.jpeg

@Drumdame , if you’re in Massachusetts then you have access to some of the best seafood one can eat. If there’s one thing I miss from the ocean, it’s fresh seafood. When possible, I visit a brother of mine and we spend a few days eating (and drinking) at Jake’s in Nantasket Beach.

I grew up on the beaches of San Diego, and began surfing when I was 10. Wind ‘n Sea was my hangout. ⬇️

View attachment 126037

Thankfully, Providence pulled me into an orbit that is as far from the Pacific as it from the Atlantic, on the windy plains of corn & bean. He has plopped my butt on a spit of land with views that are equal or better than what I grew up on. The view from my studio ⬇️

View attachment 126038

@Drumdame , if you’re in Massachusetts then you have access to some of the best seafood one can eat. If there’s one thing I miss from the ocean, it’s fresh seafood. When possible, I visit a brother of mine and we spend a few days eating (and drinking) at Jake’s in Nantasket Beach.

First of all, magnificent view from your studio!

Secondly, Nantasket Beach was our home away from home meaning that my parents took us there quite frequently, we all loved the beach.

As I got older I could experience Seafood on my own there's nothing like it... from the ocean to the plate!

As a kid I didn't have that luxury of experiencing Seafood from the ocean I came from a family of 9 including mom and dad.

Drummer_D

Last edited:
I haven’t done photography in years now- you can’t really be a researcher without photography. Last everything was going digital- which emulates film. Is resolution with digital now better than film? I guess I’m nostalgic for dark rooms and photochemicals but film was always worth the work to me. However digital images I’ve seen just from iPhones are pretty dang impressive. The fact you can stick your phone on reticle of microscope and capture an image just blows me away since with film you needed special lenses and adapters for camera.

from the ocean to the plate!

On the same day, no less! My brother and his wife are utterly spoiled. She has also shown me how to eat oysters, which have never enticed me.

Is resolution with digital now better than film?

Nowadays, yes, but it ultimately depends on how the image will be used. A fine art print has higher resolution requirements than something going into a catalog or a web site. But in the beginning color depth was the worst, and has proven to be just as important as pixel count.

you can’t really be a researcher without photography.

A friend of mine who is a biology professor is traveling to Thailand to study sustainable coffee farming. I begged him to take me, “for documentation”. Alas, the budget for me wasn’t in the grant. 😭

First of all, magnificent view from your studio!

Secondly, Nantasket Beach was our home away from home meaning that my parents took us there quite frequently, we all loved the beach.

As I got older I could experience Seafood on my own there's nothing like it... from the ocean to the plate!

As a kid I didn't have that luxury of experiencing Seafood from the ocean I came from a family of 9 including mom and dad.

Drummer_D

I dated a girl for 13 years whose family lived in Southbridge MA and Providence RI. I love that part of the country!! My mom worked in Worcester for a few years back in the 60's and always talks about it fondly

and man, the seafood!!!! I am a scallops guy, and clam chowder...OMG, the chowder!!!!

I dated a girl for 13 years whose family lived in Southbridge MA and Providence RI. I love that part of the country!! My mom worked in Worcester for a few years back in the 60's and always talks about it fondly

and man, the seafood!!!! I am a scallops guy, and clam chowder...OMG, the chowder!!!!
Where in Worcester did she work? I worked at Denhome McKay & Widoff's Bakery in my younger days.

Where in Worcester did she work? I worked at Denhome McKay & Widoff's Bakery in my younger days.

at a research lab...I forget the name....

Back