Wrap from DrumMaker.com

acsunda

Has anyone used the satin flame wrap from DrumMaker.com? Seems to be one of the few places that still carries satin flame wrap and I was just curious if it was good quality wrap.

Never liked cantaloupe as a kid..love it now. Never liked salmon as a kid love it now. Never liked satin flame as a young drummer..totally love it now. I hope you wrap your kit with this and that it's beyond your expectations. Please post a photo someday. Happy 4th!.

If you do a google search for drummaker.com or Drum Supply House reviews you will see that you probably don't want to go down that road.

Well, I ordered a sheet and a half of aqua satin flame from Drum Supply House before I had checked back on this thread, so that's great.

Precision Drum sells it in white.
Jammin Sams still sells it in several colors. Be warned though, he really likes to sell it with the peel and stick adhesive already applied so be prepared to stand your ground if you want it without it.

I was told by members of a custom drum maker's group on facebook that Jammin' Sam's site was not up to date, and that the satin flames they offered were no longer available. And Gary at Precision told me that any satin flame other than white had to be ordered in quantities of ten sheets or more, so that was a no go.

However, I did get an email, about 48 hours after ordering, from Andy Foote saying "Thanks for the order. Shipping ASAP." So at least it's not radio silence. I guess we'll see what happens....

However, I did get an email, about 48 hours after ordering, from Andy Foote saying "Thanks for the order. Shipping ASAP." So at least it's not radio silence. I guess we'll see what happens....

I've ordered from Andy before without any issues or delays, I'm sure you'll be happy with your purchase!

I've ordered from Andy before without any issues or delays, I'm sure you'll be happy with your purchase!
That’s good to hear!

There are tons of threads about problems, some here in fact, as well as many complaints online. Many are from 2013 through 2015. There have been a few threads elsewhere as late as the middle of 2020 that said they were still having problems. I hope he has gotten his act together because based on a lot of people's past experience, he didn't appear to for quite a few years. Personally, the only way I would deal with him would be to talk to him on the phone, get verification that everything is in stock and tell him to ship it COD. I know you can dispute the charges with your credit card but that puts all the hassle on you. Having him ship it COD puts all the risk on him, which after years of complaints, he should be willing to do. There really is little risk to him. You don't pay for your package, he gets his stuff back. All he would be out would be shipping cost.

Well like I said, it’s already ordered, so at this point we’ll just see what happens.

Well I did finally get my wrap, although it took several weeks and I had to hound him with emails more or less constantly. Probably won’t be going back to him in the future. The wrap itself is great though!

Attachments

• B98EC973-806F-4343-B8C0-DA239EEE3983.jpeg
    B98EC973-806F-4343-B8C0-DA239EEE3983.jpeg
    448 KB · Views: 7
Back