A different perspective, I suppose

Yeah ..... you should really be using air !!!:LOL:

Dentist drills, 30,000 RPM

I'd like to see a video of someone tightening heads down with 2 fully charged, cordless, 18 volt drills at a time, 180 degrees apart. Until shell failure.

Would Pearl survive?

Tune in next week to find out!

Sorry, but we all know what CM's opinion is. Because of that, he must be humbly disqualified from this question on account of the aggressive public bias. So don't even say it lol, it's no longer necessary.

Unless you want to put your money where your mouth is Mister, and make an unedited video of you doing that to one of your Session Selects.

I'd pay over 5 dollars to see that. Who would win THAT epic battle? Cordless drill? Or Pearl shell. No impact drivers allowed. If it's Pearls 7.5 mm shell, that might survive . But your kit with what 5.4 mm...I don't think that would.

Love ya man, I'm just full of piss and vinegar right now

Last edited:

I'd like to see a video of someone tightening heads down with 2 fully charged, cordless, 18 volt drills at a time, 180 degrees apart. Until shell failure.

Would Pearl survive?

Sorry, but we all know what CM's opinion is. Because of that, he must be humbly disqualified from this question on account of the aggressive public bias. So don't even say it lol, it's no longer necessary.

Unless you want to put your money where your mouth is Mister, and make an unedited video of you doing that to one of your Session Selects.

I'd pay over 5 dollars to see that. Who would win THAT epic battle? Cordless drill? Or Pearl shell. No impact drivers allowed. If it's Pearls 7.5 mm shell, that might survive . But your kit with what 5.4 mm...I don't think that would.

It's with a sense of great relief that I "disqualify" myself from this destructive experiment. Drills are forbidden near the lugs of my precious Sessions, which are, as you mention, a delicate and musical 5.4mm. They're to be tuned only with a trained and nimble hand. Industrial tools need not apply.

As for this thread's implied practice of deflowering a virgin bass drum for the sake of installing a vile tom mount, my unconditional opposition to that atrocity is well documented, so I need not elaborate on it in this context. I will proclaim only that it's an acute violation of decency that should be punishable by cruel and unusual measures. Tarring and feathering is too light a sentence.

It's with a sense of great relief that I "disqualify" myself from this destructive experiment. Drills are forbidden near the lugs of my precious Sessions, which are, as you mention, a delicate and musical 5.4mm. They're to be tuned only with a trained and nimble hand. Industrial tools need not apply.

As for this thread's implied practice of deflowering a virgin bass drum for the sake of installing a vile tom mount, my unconditional opposition to that atrocity is well documented, so I need not elaborate on it in this context. I will proclaim only that it's an acute violation of decency that should be punishable by cruel and unusual measures. Tarring and feathering is too light a sentence.
You’d be perfect for the group I posted it to originally.

So there’s a “certain drum brand” group on FB and I posted this photo there. I swear it’s gonna start a riot. It’s making me chuckle ?

Those true pitch rods take a bit of extra turning, for sure. Changing one head isn’t a problem, but I was tired of spinning the key about half way through swapping out the stock heads on my 6 piece set.

I quit that group about a year ago. Absolutely littered with judgmental condescending asshats....

Lol. But if a certain junior congressman from Florida was a drummer, what would HE do to that bass drum?

I'd like to think the swivel nuts would give way long before the shell incurs damage.

I have a 20v cordless, a 20v impact, a 12v cordless, and a corded drill. Now I just need someone to send me a drum.

If the drum doesnt fail and the drills can do no more work, I also have a pair of 1/2"drive 25" breaker bars if needed.

This sounds like fun.

Would Pearl survive?

we did that to a few Pearl marching snares back in the late 80's when Kevlar heads came out...you sort of had to use something like a drill to get them as tight as was popular back then; the first one scared the shyt out of us...it popped real loud and wood splinters went every where...the second time, the drum just sort of "melted" in on itself....we were in pretty big trouble with the BD as well

we did that to a few Pearl marching snares back in the late 80's when Kevlar heads came out...you sort of had to use something like a drill to get them as tight as was popular back then; the first one scared the shyt out of us...it popped real loud and wood splinters went every where...the second time, the drum just sort of "melted" in on itself....we were in pretty big trouble with the BD as well
I was at a DCI show in the parking lot and saw a truck roll over a matching snare. The explosion was incredible!

Back