Peter Frampton on Drums!?!

Smoke

Silver Member

Starts at around 10:30 when he barges in on the drum set from the left, but then he takes the throne!

Anybody wanna buy a 1990's vintage, 6 pc Stage Custom set? 'Cause if a guitar player/frontman can play like that, I'm gonna sell my drums and take up jaw harp. :D

Godsmack's lead singer/guitarist does a drum off with their drummer on their live show. It's actually annoying how good he is.

Jaw harp it is, I guess. Or maybe pennywhistle. I suppose if I want to stay in the percussion world, I could get a tambourine. Yeah, that's the ticket. (y)

Starts at around 10:30 when he barges in on the drum set from the left, but then he takes the throne!

Anybody wanna buy a 1990's vintage, 6 pc Stage Custom set? 'Cause if a guitar player/frontman can play like that, I'm gonna sell my drums and take up jaw harp. :D
Come a long way since i used to jam with at his house in Morton,Essex,UK. With the other members of Humble Pie, including the sadly missed Stevie M.

Wow, THAT must have been something. I've seen a couple of his interviews - seems like a genuine nice guy.

Frampton has better chops and feel than 90% of the working drummers at that time. Wow. I gotta give it to him.

And they threw in some cowbell, too! Awesome!

FWIW, Frankenstein is the only song where I can nail the lyrics every time! ;)

That's awesome. He really does play with great feel and enthusiasm. I think at one point I knew he played drums, thanks to some album credits, but I never saw him.

I couldn't help cringing and thinking "those poor cymbals!!" though. lol Obviously not his fault, but damn.

Back