Peter Frampton on Drums!?!

Smoke

Silver Member

Starts at around 10:30 when he barges in on the drum set from the left, but then he takes the throne!

Anybody wanna buy a 1990's vintage, 6 pc Stage Custom set? 'Cause if a guitar player/frontman can play like that, I'm gonna sell my drums and take up jaw harp. :D

BonsaiMagpie

Godsmack's lead singer/guitarist does a drum off with their drummer on their live show. It's actually annoying how good he is.

Smoke

Silver Member
Jaw harp it is, I guess. Or maybe pennywhistle. I suppose if I want to stay in the percussion world, I could get a tambourine. Yeah, that's the ticket. (y)

Progrocer

Starts at around 10:30 when he barges in on the drum set from the left, but then he takes the throne!

Anybody wanna buy a 1990's vintage, 6 pc Stage Custom set? 'Cause if a guitar player/frontman can play like that, I'm gonna sell my drums and take up jaw harp. :D
Come a long way since i used to jam with at his house in Morton,Essex,UK. With the other members of Humble Pie, including the sadly missed Stevie M.

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member

Frampton has better chops and feel than 90% of the working drummers at that time. Wow. I gotta give it to him.

Smoke

Silver Member
And they threw in some cowbell, too! Awesome!

FWIW, Frankenstein is the only song where I can nail the lyrics every time! ;)

Stroman

Platinum Member
That's awesome. He really does play with great feel and enthusiasm. I think at one point I knew he played drums, thanks to some album credits, but I never saw him.

I couldn't help cringing and thinking "those poor cymbals!!" though. lol Obviously not his fault, but damn.