World's first seamless spun aluminum drum sets

Outstanding!

Would it be possible to put a clear coat over the finish? I think the added gloss would look amazing. If I'm ever in the market for another setup, I might already be sold on these. I love my phantom snare...I fall in love over again each time I play it.

Here's an interesting new kit.
10, 13, 14, 16, 20 (+ a snare to be done).

DSC04984.jpg
Exquisite. The dark finish speaks sweet-nothings to me.

I agree that the finish looks nicer on the larger shells and when it's applied to a whole kit than for just a snare! How durable is it?

I'd love to know the weight too. I've been weighing 14x14" floor toms when I get the opportunity since that seems to be one of the most common sizes across all kits (12" toms would be another choice but the depth is not as consistent and the hardware would be a larger factor relative to the shell).

The results I've got so far show less variation than I would have expected. All weights in pounds and all shells are 14x14 unless otherwise indicated. The legs were not included in the weight:

Ludwig Classic Maple: 11.5
Ludwig Legacy Mahogany: 11.4
Gretsch Brooklyn: 12.8
TAMA Star Bubinga: 11.9
DW Frequent Flyer (14x11): 11.1

Thanks!

--
Steve

Here are the weights:
10" (x7") = 2.1kg
13" (x9") = 2.9kg
14" (x12") = 3.4kg
16" (x14") = 4.1kg
20" (x14") = 8.5kg

Those are weights for drums as in the picture. So, the toms have no brackets/legs*, but the BD has spurs.

* customer will be using Gauger frames

Wow, that's dramatically lighter than anything else I've checked! You might be hearing from me soon :)

--
Steve

Wow, that's dramatically lighter than anything else I've checked! You might be hearing from me soon :)

--
Steve

I have two kits and they are very very light. Obviously hardware and mounting choice play a part, but shells as is are incredibly light. A perfect gig kit IMO

Here are the weights:
10" (x7") = 2.1kg
13" (x9") = 2.9kg
14" (x12") = 3.4kg
16" (x14") = 4.1kg
20" (x14") = 8.5kg

Those are weights for drums as in the picture. So, the toms have no brackets/legs*, but the BD has spurs.

* customer will be using Gauger frames

ORIOLLO- lbs

10x7- 4.62 lbs
13x9- 6.39 lbs
14x12- 7.5 lbs
16x14- 9.0 lbs
20x14- 18.7 lbs

Excellent! Lighter is better IMO.

Hmmmm, my STAGE CUSTOM BIRCH 10x7 with S-Hoops weighs in at 6.64 lbs, Im guessing a GAUGER RIM (with tom bracket) weighs around 2 lbs.

Classy badge, may I add.

My fear with metal shells is that they would be very susceptible to getting dented. Then you need to get one of those paintless dent repair guys to come over.

My fear with metal shells is that they would be very susceptible to getting dented. Then you need to get one of those paintless dent repair guys to come over.

I have two kits and I think it would take a pretty substantial force to dent it. The same amount of force needed I think would damage a wood shell. These start and 2mm and 3mm respectively and are very rigid. I think they are tougher than they seem like they would be.

I kind of view it like any drumset though. If I'm playing a vistalite in gonna take care to not crack a shell...or if it's wood I'm gonna do my best to not put a big rash or knock in it that breaks into the wood. Now I think a wrapped kit may be slightly more durable, but then it's covered in a wrap which effects the sound.

Back