Yamaha Drums

Hey everyone! Here's my tour custom! In Brown Sunburst finish.
Drums are:
10"x08" Tom,
12"x09" Tom,
16"x16" Floor Tom,
22"x17" Bass Drum
14"x06" Snare
Cymbals:
13" K/Z Custom Special Hats,
14" K Custom Dark Crash
Meinl Meteor 20" Ride (soon to be replaced With some kind of K Custom)
Meinl MCS 10" Splash (as is the splash, K's and K Customs all round!) :)
Hardware:
Yamaha 9000 - boom stand (x2) Hi-Hat Stand, Snare Stand
DW 4000 Double pedal
Dixon Boom Stand

Attachments

• DSCN5210.JPG
    DSCN5210.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 6,334
For the ones that are intrested...

This is a close up of how the boom attaches to the stand itself. As you can see, no more boltmarks in the boom anymore :D

363435777.jpg

hey, no it doesnt hit my stand! Fits in perfectly! :) it may be the angle of the camera! but yh i agree its quite close but its screwed down fairly tight so doesn't move a great deal! What kit do you have?

hey, no it doesnt hit my stand! Fits in perfectly! :) it may be the angle of the camera! but yh i agree its quite close but its screwed down fairly tight so doesn't move a great deal! What kit do you have?

I'm assuming that question is for me? I have a Yamaha MCAN 7 piece. Dark Cherry Fade. Sorry for the dark picture. Haven't got around to taking anymore.

Attachments

• DSC00677 (Small).JPG
    DSC00677 (Small).JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 6,143
I'm assuming that question is for me? I have a Yamaha MCAN 7 piece. Dark Cherry Fade. Sorry for the dark picture. Haven't got around to taking anymore.

yh that was! :) Nice kit. im loving that color! what rack system is that? looks liek a gibraltar?

hey some more pics of the kit! :)

Attachments

• IMG_7627.JPG
    IMG_7627.JPG
    304.8 KB · Views: 5,975
  • IMG_7624.JPG
    IMG_7624.JPG
    282 KB · Views: 5,956
  • IMG_7651.JPG
    IMG_7651.JPG
    288.1 KB · Views: 5,904
And some more pics! :) ......

Attachments

• IMG_7648.JPG
    IMG_7648.JPG
    297.1 KB · Views: 5,871
  • IMG_7630.JPG
    IMG_7630.JPG
    288.4 KB · Views: 5,745
  • IMG_7633.JPG
    IMG_7633.JPG
    278.7 KB · Views: 5,666
BTW, has anyone the current price and availability info on the Absolutes?
The ”new Absolutes” are in the process of being introduced with the new YESS as well as new finishes,
new sizes and with the new hook lugs (or the old absolute lugs) and it’s kind of difficult to know what you can order.

Is it true that I either can order the old Absolutes (with the absolute lug or the Nouveau lug) or
I can go for the the new Absolutes (with the absolute lug or the new hook lug)?

So it’s like four different Absolutes?
1) the old Absolute with the Absolute lug, old YESS, old finishes
2) the old Absolute with the Nouveau lug, old YESS, old finishes
3) the new Absolute with the Absolute lug, new YESS, new finishes
4) the new Absolute with the new hook lug, new YESS, new finishes

Does anyone know anything about the prices?
I believe 4) is the most expensive, 3) is cheaper but what about 1) and 2)?

BTW, has anyone the current price and availability info on the Absolutes?
The ”new Absolutes” are in the process of being introduced with the new YESS as well as new finishes,
new sizes and with the new hook lugs (or the old absolute lugs) and it’s kind of difficult to know what you can order.

Is it true that I either can order the old Absolutes (with the absolute lug or the Nouveau lug) or
I can go for the the new Absolutes (with the absolute lug or the new hook lug)?

So it’s like four different Absolutes?
1) the old Absolute with the Absolute lug, old YESS, old finishes
2) the old Absolute with the Nouveau lug, old YESS, old finishes
3) the new Absolute with the Absolute lug, new YESS, new finishes
4) the new Absolute with the new hook lug, new YESS, new finishes

Does anyone know anything about the prices?
I believe 4) is the most expensive, 3) is cheaper but what about 1) and 2)?

When the new Absolutes are coming out, the new ones will be end of life (so you can't order them anymore, stock is what remains and WILL wear ot some time)

I heard they will be sending the new Absolutes out this month.

As i'm informed well, the new hook lugs will be an option and the old Absolute lugs (not the Nouveau lugs, there gone and are replaced by the new hook lugs) will be standard again.

Also the old Yess mount will be replaced by the new YessII mount on the Absolute series.

So forget 1 and 2 (or when you have luck you can get them from stock) 3 will be standard (Absolute lug) and 4 will be optional (hook lug, and thus more expensive)

What's also new is, is that you not only can order ''virgin'' kicks on the Absolute and PHX series but also on the Oak customs. Just add an ''R'' on the order form.

I added the European price list to this post.

Attachments

• DR-YAMAHA DRUM 01.2009 - SRP-nl.pdf
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,204
When the new Absolutes are coming out, the new ones will be end of life (so you can't order them anymore, stock is what remains and WILL wear ot some time)

I heard they will be sending the new Absolutes out this month.

As i'm informed well, the new hook lugs will be an option and the old Absolute lugs (not the Nouveau lugs, there gone and are replaced by the new hook lugs) will be standard again.

Also the old Yess mount will be replaced by the new YessII mount on the Absolute series.

So forget 1 and 2 (or when you have luck you can get them from stock) 3 will be standard (Absolute lug) and 4 will be optional (hook lug, and thus more expensive)

What's also new is, is that you not only can order ''virgin'' kicks on the Absolute and PHX series but also on the Oak customs. Just add an ''R'' on the order form.

I added the European price list to this post.

Thanks a lot!

But I believe this is the price list for the old Absolutes.
The new Absolutes seem to have new product numbers.
Some info here.
http://europe.yamaha.com/en/product...s/absoluteiii_burgundy_sparkle/?mode=overview
http://yamaha.jp/product/drums/drumsets/absoluteiii_burgundy_sparkle/multimedia/

I understand that the old Absolutes will eventually go away but I had the impression that they were still available. This would be especially important (and nice!) for me since I less than half a year ago bought a new Nouveau kit and really would like to order some additional drums with the old Yess and the Nouveau lug to match them before they disappear. I hope I'm not to late already.

I also wold like to order a new kit as cheap as possible, I don't care if it's the old or new series...

Does anyone know what type of heads are best suited for Yamaha kits? Or is it just any head will be good? Because I've heard that Evans Heads are best suited for Yamaha? Any thoughts?
Thanks

It is the latest. Im expecting the updated with phx and absolute prices soon.

Offcourse you can still order earlier models/lugs/mount etc. But it comes with a price probably. Heck.. I even can order a 13" recording custom 20th anniversary tom in blue burst but i will cost me. But it is possible. Offcourse it will take some time to run out of stock and the Absolute series arent on the market yet so... No biggy ;)

It is the latest. Im expecting the updated with phx and absolute prices soon.

Offcourse you can still order earlier models/lugs/mount etc. But it comes with a price probably. Heck.. I even can order a 13" recording custom 20th anniversary tom in blue burst but i will cost me. But it is possible. Offcourse it will take some time to run out of stock and the Absolute series arent on the market yet so... No biggy ;)

Ok thanks a lot for your information.

It might already be the "end of line" for the old Absolutes (like ABD1522 in your price list) so these prices might probably not be valid any more?
I've tried to get price information from some dealers (including Thomann, a large European music store) and most of them seem a bit confused themselves but all I got was the new model numbers.

Ok on the info on ordering old things, I was a bit worried that I'd missed the train already...

Let us know when you get the new price list, it would be very interesting.
(For example, which lug is the cheapest one?)

Does anyone know what type of heads are best suited for Yamaha kits? Or is it just any head will be good? Because I've heard that Evans Heads are best suited for Yamaha? Any thoughts?
Thanks

No such thing, I'm afraid. Yamaha are mostly very well made drums so tuned well, most heads will sound great depending on what kind of sound you are looking for.

What kind of music do you play and what woodtype drums do you have in mind?

No such thing, I'm afraid. Yamaha are mostly very well made drums so tuned well, most heads will sound great depending on what kind of sound you are looking for.

What kind of music do you play and what woodtype drums do you have in mind?

I play all round, Mostly Rock and Jazz. I have a Tour Custom which has All Maple Shells.

Ok thanks a lot for your information.

It might already be the "end of line" for the old Absolutes (like ABD1522 in your price list) so these prices might probably not be valid any more?
I've tried to get price information from some dealers (including Thomann, a large European music store) and most of them seem a bit confused themselves but all I got was the new model numbers.

Ok on the info on ordering old things, I was a bit worried that I'd missed the train already...

Let us know when you get the new price list, it would be very interesting.
(For example, which lug is the cheapest one?)

Ill let you know. The biggest in Europe is probably Musik Productiv ( www.musik-produktiv.de ) They have multi-langual personel, and reply fast to questions (mail, telephone)

I just got a mail that my custom Sub Kick (in Red Oak) is ready to ship to my home. I replied with a big thanks and with the question if they can send me the new list.

Back