Craigslist Vistalites

Really, really cool, these are. Love the green color!
I got a set of blue Vistalites. Great drums for some good ole rock music!

Hope they get a good home!

Supposedly, less than 50 green vistalite kits were made. In these sizes, that would make this kit rarer than hen's teeth.

...there are also a plethora of fakes out there. I dunno, though--for $1200, a green "vistalite" kit seems a pretty good deal, authentic or not. Are you interested in getting it?

If I only had the cash..... <sigh>

Supposedly, less than 50 green vistalite kits were made. In these sizes, that would make this kit rarer than hen's teeth.

...there are also a plethora of fakes out there. I dunno, though--for $1200, a green "vistalite" kit seems a pretty good deal, authentic or not. Are you interested in getting it?

Yeah, I would love to have it, but it simply isn't possible for me right now. I liked the kit and posted it here in case someone else here might be interested. Living vicariously.

Interesting that the kit has the Modular bass drum tom mount installed - those didn't come into vogue until the 80s.

$1200? I think I'd be asking for more if they're that rare. But I guess vintage drum prices are entirely dictated by who will buy them. Nice find.

Interesting that the kit has the Modular bass drum tom mount installed - those didn't come into vogue until the 80s.

$1200? I think I'd be asking for more if they're that rare. But I guess vintage drum prices are entirely dictated by who will buy them. Nice find.

I noticed that too, but I'm not any kind of expert on dates so I wasn't sure what to make of it. I just knew it didn't look like the tom mount on my buddy's blue Vistalites when he had them in high school (70's-80's)

In any case, if they've been modified it looks well done, and it's really a player's kit, I think.

Back