Craigslist Vistalites

poika

Silver Member
Really, really cool, these are. Love the green color!
I got a set of blue Vistalites. Great drums for some good ole rock music!

Hope they get a good home!

caddywumpus

Platinum Member
Supposedly, less than 50 green vistalite kits were made. In these sizes, that would make this kit rarer than hen's teeth.

...there are also a plethora of fakes out there. I dunno, though--for $1200, a green "vistalite" kit seems a pretty good deal, authentic or not. Are you interested in getting it?

Stroman

Platinum Member
Supposedly, less than 50 green vistalite kits were made. In these sizes, that would make this kit rarer than hen's teeth.

...there are also a plethora of fakes out there. I dunno, though--for $1200, a green "vistalite" kit seems a pretty good deal, authentic or not. Are you interested in getting it?
Yeah, I would love to have it, but it simply isn't possible for me right now. I liked the kit and posted it here in case someone else here might be interested. Living vicariously.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Interesting that the kit has the Modular bass drum tom mount installed - those didn't come into vogue until the 80s.

$1200? I think I'd be asking for more if they're that rare. But I guess vintage drum prices are entirely dictated by who will buy them. Nice find.

Stroman

Platinum Member
Interesting that the kit has the Modular bass drum tom mount installed - those didn't come into vogue until the 80s.

$1200? I think I'd be asking for more if they're that rare. But I guess vintage drum prices are entirely dictated by who will buy them. Nice find.
I noticed that too, but I'm not any kind of expert on dates so I wasn't sure what to make of it. I just knew it didn't look like the tom mount on my buddy's blue Vistalites when he had them in high school (70's-80's)

In any case, if they've been modified it looks well done, and it's really a player's kit, I think.

caddywumpus

Platinum Member
Yeah, I would love to have it, but it simply isn't possible for me right now. I liked the kit and posted it here in case someone else here might be interested. Living vicariously.
I have the cash and I'm somewhat local, but I just don't have the desire. I have told a few people I know that might, though...

RedeyeSPR

How tall do you have to be in order to comfortably maintain a 15x12" rack tom on top of a 24" kick? I have issues with my 13x10" on a 22".