Large drumshops in Europe?

lalle81

Can you recommend any physical drumshops in Europe. I live in Sweden, but planning a trip through Europe this summer and would like to visit a store that has all the big brands in drumming to try some new gear, Gretsch, Yamaha, Ludwig, DW, Craviotto, Noble & Cooley, Istanbul, Zildjian etc..

Also are there any drumshows hosted in Europe like Chicago drumshow?

Last edited:
Can you recommend any physical drumshops in Europe. I live in Sweden, but planning a trip through Europe this summer and would like to visit a store that has all the big brands in drumming to try some new gear, Gretsch, Yamaha, Ludwig, DW, Craviotto, Noble & Cooley, Istanbul, Zildjian etc..

Also are there any drumshows hosted in Europe like Chicago drumshow?

Where in Europe are you heading through exactly?

Havn´t decide exactly, but first Denmark, then Germany at least. And after the summer I will most likely travel to London for a visit.

Ah cool, well I can help you out with London.

Some good shops in Wembley Drum Centre, Bell Percussion, Footes (Wembley Drum Centre probably the biggest of those three and I dont know their rules over demoing gear) however my strong advice would be to visit London over the weekend of 12th-13th of November and come to The London Drum Show.

Fantastic 3 floor event full of drums of which you can play at times and clinics, plus there's a meet up of members on here every year. However it gets rather loud so bring some ear protection with you.

In Paris there's a great drum shop - http://www.baguetterie.fr/ - close to the Metro stop at Pigalle, and there are several other music stores (some with drums) just down the street and close-by.

In London, check out the shops on Denmark St, not a ton of drums but worth looking around. Hopefully there are some larger shops there. BTW, London's a great city, you can walk just about everywhere if you want, or very easy to get around on the tube.

Bermuda

Last edited:
Never been to their actual store but Thomann should have a lot of drums since their website has a massive range and they ship all over Europe.

Unfortunately I didn't get around to visiting Musicstore in Cologne when I was there over a year ago. Can't imagine revisiting the place as it seemed like we'd more or less seen everything there was to offer after a few days. There's too much of the rest world I haven't seen for that! No doubt I'll be back to Germany again though.

If you make it as far down as Milan, there's a medium sized one (not exactly warehouse size) here called Percussion Villiage. They've usually got some nice Yamaha, Pearl, Ludwig and Sakae kits on show (as well as others), plus a decent cymbal room housing Zildjians, Paistes and some of the dark Turkish brands.

There's a cool little drum shop in Amsterdam but for the life of me I can remember the name it. It's near Anne Frank house.

I got a 23" China from there, the looks I got in the airport taking this thing back were interesting! I should have got the 14x6.5 COB Dynasonic which was in there. It was mint and I was stupid and didn't get it!

Someone mentioned all the cool places in London there's also Denmark Street in London as well. Failing that in the UK everywhere has turned into big stores like PMT.

There's a cool little drum shop in Amsterdam but for the life of me I can remember the name it. It's near Anne Frank house.

I got a 23" China from there, the looks I got in the airport taking this thing back were interesting! I should have got the 14x6.5 COB Dynasonic which was in there. It was mint and I was stupid and didn't get it!

Someone mentioned all the cool places in London there's also Denmark Street in London as well. Failing that in the UK everywhere has turned into big stores like PMT.

Denmark Street in London doesn’t really cater for Drums. The shops there mostly cover Guitar and String Instruments.

Cool to check out due to it's history but don’t expect much drum stuff there, other than mostly heads and sticks. The last time I was there one small shop sold drums and the selection was very small indeed.

Um, this thread is 5 years old. I’m sure the OP has taken his trip by now.

I highly suspect the author of post #13 works at that drumshop and posted that to lure people to the site ;)

Thomann in Germany
Yes, Thomann is the best! Fastest shipping, good support and a wide range of drums and accessories.
Another good shop:

In Paris there's a great drum shop - http://www.baguetterie.fr/ - close to the Metro stop at Pigalle, and there are several other music stores (some with drums) just down the street and close-by.

In London, check out the shops on Denmark St, not a ton of drums but worth looking around. Hopefully there are some larger shops there. BTW, London's a great city, you can walk just about everywhere if you want, or very easy to get around on the tube.

Bermuda
Unfortunately Denmark Street is not what it once was... I have fond memories of going there in my youth, but things change and the last time i visited most of the music shops were closed. Still, in London you have Footes and Wembley.
However, to the original poster, you should be aware that Stockholm had one of the best drum shops anywhere, period. Now, Slagverket has some work to do to reach its former glory, but that shop compared favorably to the shops in London, Tokyo and LA.

Back