Need opinions on Yamaha Hex Racks, Racks in general

Every time you guys show your Hex Racks, I part of me dies inside...

*sobs*

When I contacted Yamaha, they didn't know either until they contacted their commercial department. They were literally telling me they got the information from me first before other people inside the company. I found that to be very weird.

In any case I agree - the "hush hush" side of this as you call it is quite uncool. Some shops here too thought they could still order parts, I was the one telling them that they were going out of production and that if they have no more parts than that was all of it. Some guy I called at one shop was looking on his computer and Yamaha had the pieces still marked as available for order....

While that's true, like I mentioned above in this particular case I find things fishier than usual.

Well you know companies aren't going to be honest but you would think they would at least run some BS story to the major stores like Guitar Center about a parts back log and to take no new parts orders.
Reminds me of Circuit City. When I heard they were closing all of the stores. I went down to see what kind of deals they had. No one there had a clue.They had to hear from me that the store was closing and they were about to lose their jobs.

Nice rack and kit erkfox!...here is a few pics of my kits w/ hex...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Jesus man, that's an overload of nice gear. You suck.. lol :)

Hahaha..Thanks I think:)...well I never would have thought 10 years ago when I bought the BCA kit (cherrywood kit in pics) that I would have 3 kits today:)...always been up to this point in life a one kit at a time drummer....what can I say but life is good!:)

Last edited:
Oh stop showing off now Wess! ;P

Are those e-pads on the side which look like black T rubber bars? And am I dreaming or is that single HXTC holding that whole bar up on the left?!

Yes LP spike triggers. Had no Timbales in time. Worked out perfect.

And yes it holds a HXCP24 with a HXTC with Pintech Nimrod trigger for click start/stop and a Ramon Latino 34 double row chimes. All hold by one HXTC ;) (the DTXM-12 was to much weight so that sits on the vertical pipe)

I Love John Mahon's (Elton John's percussionist) set-up to:
_45923343_eltonjohn08_766.jpg

Hahaha..Thanks I think:)...well I never would have thought 10 years ago when I bought the BCA kit (cherrywood kit in pics) that I would have 3 kits today:)...always been up to this point in life a one kit at a time drummer....what can I say but life is good!:)

It never bad when you can have more than one set. :) You never stop playing with toys, they just get real expensive when you grow up.

Score!!! I managed to get the last 2 clamps from a small music store online. These damn things are going to be like gold until they get a new system out. All that seems to be left out there are the ones that are 80-100 bucks a pop.

How much did that extra side sell for? I can't find it under Completed Listings...

I only got $115 out of it. It was just the two legs with a cross bar and no clamps. So in the end I only paid $385 for a 4 leg, 3 sided Hex Rack with 8 clamps. Now that the Hex Rack has been discontinued, I wish I had not sold those extra parts. As strong as this thing, though, I probably would never have needed them.

Back