Learn to Read Rhythms DVD with Pat Petrillo

JD

Awesome! Thanks for ordering..I am in preproduction, and I am hoping to have a finished product put for December..I will keep you posted!!

Hello All,

Once again, thank you for ordering Pat's latest project, "Learn to Read Rhythms" DVD. The project is 80% complete, but
due to additional footage, editing and other variables, the project date has been postponed. Instead of a December release as previously mentioned, it looks like a late February release is a more probably date. Pat is also negotiating with several companies who are interested in releasing the product, so until those terms are discussed and a company is selected, the project cannot be released. But even with everything that is going on, we are still hoping for a late February, early March release date. We will continue to keep you updated with the project. Thank you for your patience and once again

Thanks for your order,

Jim
American Music Group

Hello All,

Once again, thank you for ordering Pat's latest project, "Learn to Read Rhythms" DVD. The project is 80% complete, but
due to additional footage, editing and other variables, the project date has been postponed. Instead of a December release as previously mentioned, it looks like a late February release is a more probably date. Pat is also negotiating with several companies who are interested in releasing the product, so until those terms are discussed and a company is selected, the project cannot be released. But even with everything that is going on, we are still hoping for a late February, early March release date. We will continue to keep you updated with the project. Thank you for your patience and once again

Thanks for your order,

Jim
American Music Group

How come Pat is not announcing this?
Hmmmm......hope you're getting a discount out of this.

Hi, guys

As the letter states...I am in negotiations with a company for release, so, as things progress, I will keep you all posted. We are moving along, and it's going to be well worth the wait! Sometimes the timing of things aren't an exact science!

Muck...ALL pre orders get signed copies as stated, so, there is incentive for those who did so...Thanks..

Hi, guys

As the letter states...I am in negotiations with a company for release, so, as things progress, I will keep you all posted. We are moving along, and it's going to be well worth the wait! Sometimes the timing of things aren't an exact science!

Muck...ALL pre orders get signed copies as stated, so, there is incentive for those who did so...Thanks..

So do you have any teasers from the dvd?

It is on the way!! I know it's been a while, but it will be worth the wait. Final touches added. Just getting the publishing "ducks in a row" Thanks for asking!!!

Pat

I can not wait much longer I have a burning to learn to read again. And need all of the help I can get.

John

The deal for the release is for the Fall..Things are moving along well, and will have more details and previews in a couple weeks!

The business of things always clogs the wheels, but when the clips are allowed to be posted, we will put them here!

Thanks for your patience, and the product will be very worthwhile!

Pat

Just ordered mine. Thanks Pat! looking forward to working on this!

Hi everyone

Here are a couple clips from the pre mastered editing of the "Learn to Read Rhythms" DVD, that are compressed down to view in context. We created a test site to view, because to compress it down to upload here really takes the quality down quite a bit.

We combined a couple exercises for you to get the idea of how it it is presented.

(Of course the "normal" size is larger, and the quality is HD ! )

Dotted 8th, 16th Exercise
http://www.test.riverviewstudios.com/2009/petrillo/clip2.mov

Syncopation, and 8th Triplet Exercise
http://www.test.riverviewstudios.com/2009/petrillo/clip3.mov

The finished HD edit/mastering is winding down!

Of course, it also includes the 100 page pdf ebook, and all examples on mp3.

Will keep you updated on shipping..

Thanks to all for your patience.

All the Best.

Hi everyone

Here are a couple clips from the pre mastered editing of the "Learn to Read Rhythms" DVD, that are compressed down to view in context. We created a test site to view, because to compress it down to upload here really takes the quality down quite a bit.

We combined a couple exercises for you to get the idea of how it it is presented.

(Of course the "normal" size is larger, and the quality is HD ! )

Dotted 8th, 16th Exercise
http://www.test.riverviewstudios.com/2009/petrillo/clip2.mov

Syncopation, and 8th Triplet Exercise
http://www.test.riverviewstudios.com/2009/petrillo/clip3.mov

The finished HD edit/mastering is winding down!

Of course, it also includes the 100 page pdf ebook, and all examples on mp3.

Will keep you updated on shipping..

Thanks to all for your patience.

All the Best.

Me want more... me want more!!! :^)

ANOTHER PREVIEW FOR YOU ALL!

As we come down to the homestretch of mastering, I want to show you guys another clip from "Learn to Read Rhythms, Better!", and the concept involved in the instruction on the DVD. Again, it is in HD quality, so it looks even better than this "in person"

Enjoy!

Attachments

• PP_preview_Ex33ST.wmv
    4.4 MB · Views: 339
Looks great Pat!..

HG&F is a great learning package.. thanks again and keep it up!

Looking forward for this DVD.

Cheers from Aruba.

Hey Fellow drummers!

I want to personally thank you for investing in my new DVD "Learn to Read Rhythms, better"! You're patience is very much appreciated as I finalize the package

I just wanted to reach out to you personally and explain the process of what I am trying to accomplish, and why this is taking a bit longer in the editing room than I ever imagined. So here's an update...

First of all, we shot this with HD cameras, zoomed in on a stationary HD screen, as I pointed along to each example. As we got the raw footage into the editing suite, we started noticing differentials in colorization on the screen from shot to shot, based on lighting, as well as the sensitivity of HD cameras, and how they would react to the movement of the stick pointer, refracting light angles which made the screen shots less than the quality I was looking for. Also, as we played some clips from the test DVD on a normal TV screen, the music lines on the staff would have a "flickering" effect, based on a technicality that I was not aware when shooting a camera directly onto an HD screen. Resolution issues also reared their ugly heads.

Needless to say, this was not the quality I was looking for, nor would present.

So, this week, we decided we had to re edit the DVD using a technique used in digital editing, whereby we overlayed the .tiff file master example onto the existing frame, and using my natural pointer movements, used a digitally enhance "arrow" which mimicked my movements exactly. The result is a prestine, first generation screen shot, with no imperfections. This is TRULY the presenation I was hoping to present ! Since there has NEVER been an instructional DVD of this type presented by anyone, I didn't know exactly how this would all come together as I envisioned..BUT, now we have the formula..a synthesis of live, plus "animated" digital technology!

We have begun to overlay the project, and it will be about 2 weeks until we are finished and will ship.

So, once again, thanks, and I'm SURE you will appreciate the quality and quantity of this work.

All my Best

Back